Free Materials from OD&D Campaign Fred's World

Talk about rules, campaigns, worlds, products, other companies, D&D in general, and anything else d20 or D&D related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Kuthayn
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Little Tin Soldier Shop

Free Materials from OD&D Campaign Fred's World

Post by Kuthayn »

The campaign materials from Fred Funk's "Fred's World" campaign have been organized into a release edition available for anyone wanting to add some of these materials to their campaigns. (Art, stories, class materials, new creatures and races, etc...)

Fred Funk was an original play tester in Dave Arneson's Blackmoor Campaign before Dungeon's & Dragons even existed, most notably as Funk I, King of all the Orcs and creator of the Orcian Way. "Fred's World" is his own campaign world which began in the early 1970's.

There is presently a Facebook page for Fred's World where you can get a Pre-Release version of his campaign for free.

https://www.facebook.com/FredsWorldGaming

Here is a direct link to the gaming materials:

http://oddwiring.com/projects/FredsWorl ... elease.pdf

Makes it easier to download!

Enjoy.

Kuthayn

P.S. I will also attach it here.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Free Materials from OD&D Campaign Fred's World

Post by finarvyn »

I'm not at all certain that "d20/D&D Conversation" is at all the right place to put this thread, but as a long-time gamer and fan of Greyhawk, Blackmoor, and the other original OD&D campaign settings I highly endorse having this thread somewhere! 8)

For those not in the know, Fred Funk was one of the early OD&D gamers and his stuff just oozed old school coolness, and as such has a very "Appendix N" style vibe. Worth a look if you are into early OD&D.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Kuthayn
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Little Tin Soldier Shop

Re: Free Materials from OD&D Campaign Fred's World

Post by Kuthayn »

I picked that particular forum due to its description:
Talk about rules, campaigns, worlds, products, other companies, D&D in general, and anything else d20 or D&D related.
I would happily see it moved to any location you choose. I am just trying to get Fred's unique campaign materials dispersed as far and wide as I am able. Do please feel free to move this wherever you deem more appropriate.

Thank you for accepting this post on your site.

-Glenn

[aka Kuthayn]

Return to “d20/D&D Conversation”