Exterminator: +1 Undead Large Mech (full stats)

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Exterminator: +1 Undead Large Mech (full stats)

Post by Raptor »

As promised earlier, this mech is based on the picture on pg. 180 of the dragonmech book. While it can be used for many things (bodyguard, lair guardian) the Exterminator was primarily designed as a autonomous assassin, that would not sleep or eat, would not stop, until it has exterminated its target. The Exterminator is an Intelligent +1 Mech (using the enchanted mech rules from the Mech Manual and the intelligent Items rules from the PHB). The Exterminator in this example is loaded with normal crossbow bolts, but these would commonly be replaced with poisoned and/or magic bolts, particularly bane or aligned bolts, tailored to its intended target. And here are the stats.

Size: Large
Power Source: Undead
Payload Units: 4
Height: 10 ft.
Space/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./ 5 ft.
Crew: 0 (weapons 1)
Firing Ports: 3
Hit Dice: 10
Hit Points: 55
Critical Thresholds: Not subject to critical hits
Base Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft.
Maneuverability: Average
AC: 10
Hardness: 9 (66% bone/ 33% Steel, +1 mech)
Base Melee Attack: +3
Base Ranged Attack: +2
Unarmed Damage: 2d6+5+poison
Trample: Largest tiny; Safe tiny; Damage 1d6
Saves: Fort +2, Ref 0, Will +2
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 14, Con -, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 10
Mechcraft DC: 33
Base Planning Time: 66 days
Base Cost: 30 gp + 4 corpses
Total Cost: 127,056 gp
Labor Time: 480 man-hours
Construction Time: 12 days (5 avg. laborers + 1 overseer), plus Rituals (1 day), plus Enchantment (1 day), plus magic item creation time
Special: Combat Spikes, Extra Wpn mounts (+1 PU), Fast Legs, Intelligent Item abilities, Quiet Movement, Poison, Steady feet

Payload Usage

Code: Select all

PU       Use 
4        Onboard Weaponry
Onboard Weaponry - Exterminator

Location        Arc of Fire              Weapon(dam, range, Other)                             PU Crew 
Left Shoulder   90 Forward    Linked +1 Seeking Heavy Repeating Crossbow (1d10+1/19-20, 120)   2  1
Right Shoulder  90 Forward    Linked +1 Seeking Heavy Repeating Crossbow (1d10+1/19-20, 120)   2  -
Special Abilities
Poison Unarmed Attack (Deathblade poison, Initial damage 1d6 Con, Secondary Damage 2d6 Con, DC20)
+4 to trip checks (Steady feat)
+6 to Move Silently checks(Quiet Movement)
Intelligent Item ablilities:
Darkvision 60 ft.
Speak Common + 2 other languages (creator's choice)
Deathwatch continually active
10 ranks in Listen (+12 to checks)
use Locate Object 3/day
Last edited by Raptor on Sun May 04, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oaksoul Elite
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Exterminator: +1 Undead Large Mech (full stats)

Post by Oaksoul Elite »

Oh wow. This is good. And it really makes a good assassin. Did it get the poison unarmed attack through the option the Black Rose (Second Age of Walkers) has? I'd definitely use it.
I am Omnirahk, half-Rahkshi ("Omni") of the WotC forums. I consider "Psionics in DragonMech" (see my website) my greatest contribution to anything d20 so far. At least, it's my most successful topic.
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

If it is only Large, and requires no crew, and is intelligent...why not design it as a monster instead of a mech?
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Raptor »

In response to the questions.
From Oaksoul:
Did it get the poison unarmed attack through the option the Black Rose (Second Age of Walkers) has?
Yes. When I saw that it could be used on Undead mechs, I knew I'd have to come up with a design that used it.
From Mythfish:
why not design it as a monster instead of a mech?
I could have, but most of the designs I've posted are for mechs t0 show the variety and are unusual. To inspire people to think about the designs and what they can do with it. If you want to post the Exterminator, converted to a standard monster format, please feel free.

And now a rare Variant on the Exterminator, the Extractor.
While the Exterminator is designed to Eliminate a target, the Extractor is designed to capture them. While using the same basic framework, it has several subtle differences to fulfill its mission. It is also occasionally used as a courier for high value objects. And here are the stats.

Size: Large
Power Source: Undead
Payload Units: 4
Height: 10 ft.
Space/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./ 5 ft.
Crew: 0 (weapons 1)
Firing Ports: 3
Hit Dice: 10
Hit Points: 55
Critical Thresholds: Not subject to critical hits
Base Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft.
Maneuverability: Average
AC: 10
Hardness: 9 (66% bone/ 33% Steel, +1 mech)
Base Melee Attack: +3
Base Ranged Attack: +2
Unarmed Damage: 2d6+5+poison
Trample: Largest tiny; Safe tiny; Damage 1d6
Saves: Fort +2, Ref 0, Will +2
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 14, Con -, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 10
Mechcraft DC: 33
Base Planning Time: 66 days
Base Cost: 30 gp + 4 corpses
Total Cost: 117,155 gp
Labor Time: 480 man-hours
Construction Time: 12 days (5 avg. laborers + 1 overseer), plus Rituals (1 day), plus Enchantment (1 day), plus magic item creation time
Special: Combat Spikes, Extra Wpn mounts (+1 PU), Fast Legs, Intelligent Item abilities, Quiet Movement, Poison, Secure Prisoner Storage, Steady feet

Payload Usage

PU       Use 
2        Secure Prisoner Quarters
2        Onboard Weaponry
Onboard Weaponry - Extractor

Location    Arc of Fire              Weapon(dam, range, Other)                                              PU Crew 
Body        180 Forward   +1 Merciful Heavy Repeating Crossbow (1d10+1 or 1d10+1d6+1 nonlethal/19-20, 120)   2  1
Special Abilities
Poison Unarmed Attack (Purple Worm poison, Initial damage 1d6 Str, Secondary Damage 2d6 Str, DC24)
+4 to trip checks (Steady feat)
+6 to Move Silently checks(Quiet Movement)
Intelligent Item ablilities:
Darkvision 60 ft.
Speak Common + 2 other languages (creator's choice)
Deathwatch continually active
Use Hold Person, Locate Object 3/day

The secure prison quarters are just like the secure crew quarters rules except they lock from the outside.

So, any requests for what Mech picture I turn into stats next?
Oaksoul Elite
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Oaksoul Elite »

Looks good. Personally I wonder if it might be better to go with drow sleeping poison or some other unconsiousness-inducing poison for the Extractor instead, but it looks good.
Raptor wrote:So, any requests for what Mech picture I turn into stats next?
How about the steam-powered one from p. 79? I'm statting up the undead one right now: the Angel of Death.
I am Omnirahk, half-Rahkshi ("Omni") of the WotC forums. I consider "Psionics in DragonMech" (see my website) my greatest contribution to anything d20 so far. At least, it's my most successful topic.
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Raptor »

You can substitute a different poison by simply subtracting the cost of three doses of purple worm poison from the mech's cost, then adding the cost of three doses of the replacement poison. For example, substituting Blue whinnis (Initial damage 1 Con, Secondary Damage Unconsciousness, DC14) would reduce the Extractor's total cost to 115,415 gp.

I may do that mech, although there isn't a lot of detail to work from.
Oaksoul Elite
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Oaksoul Elite »

Raptor wrote:You can substitute a different poison by simply subtracting the cost of three doses of purple worm poison from the mech's cost, then adding the cost of three doses of the replacement poison. For example, substituting Blue whinnis (Initial damage 1 Con, Secondary Damage Unconsciousness, DC14) would reduce the Extractor's total cost to 115,415 gp.

I may do that mech, although there isn't a lot of detail to work from.
Very good. Blue whinnis looks like a good one to go with.

Return to “DragonMech”