DM Screen

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

N'Haaz-aua
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

DM Screen

Post by N'Haaz-aua »

I read somewhere there is a DCC DM Screen coming out, but now I can't find the reference. Anyone know more?
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

I don't recall seeing anything mentioned about this, though I'd love to see it.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

DCC #39 is a DM screen w/ an adventure in it. We haven't posted details yet... it's tentatively scheduled for December release.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Very nice to hear. Thank you! You keep getting more and more of my gaming budget every month :lol:
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

Awesome! What kind of information is included on the screen?
- Joseph Frenia
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

jfrenia wrote:Awesome! What kind of information is included on the screen?
Well, that's the challenge right now. :) Todd Rooks put it together, and he came up with 8 pages of handy info -- pretty much everything you'd ever want on a DM screen -- but 8 panels is a pretty big GM screen. I'm trying to figure out what to cut at this very moment.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Personally, I like big DM screens. :)
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

I agree with big screens, easier to hide things from the players if there is a few extra folds! :)
- Joseph Frenia
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Joe,

You have seen the Kingdoms of Kalamar/Kenzer screen, right? It is my favorite all time screen (bought 4 to have it forever!). If you guys can do something along those lines, including tables for languages and other things unique to your setting, I'll be happy to shell out $25.00 for it.

No matter what, do the lamination. I'd pay an extra $5.00 just for that alone.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
bobrunnicles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by bobrunnicles »

Can I throw out a vote for a landscape format screen? For a game as minis-intensive as D&D, I find myself needing to peer over my screen all the time and using the official WotC one now is very easy given the landscape layout. I used to use one of several standard format screens but it was a pain in the rear to have to keep standing to see over the damn things :)

I'll buy it anyway, but the chances are much better I will actually use it if it's landscape.
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

I vote for sturdy, lamination too. I love the HackMaster GM's shield, if you can copy any of that screen's ideas it would be great.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

I love a big screen. As was pointed out, it's a minis-intensive game...the extra screen gives me a place to put bad guy and NPC minis before they appear "on stage".
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
w_earle_wheeler
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by w_earle_wheeler »

I'm hoping for something with Erol Otus art on it... oh please, please! I'd love to have a multi-panel Otus spread facing my players at the game table.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Jengenritz wrote:I love a big screen. As was pointed out, it's a minis-intensive game...the extra screen gives me a place to put bad guy and NPC minis before they appear "on stage".
Yup. I'd pay extra for a cool XL version of a DM's screen. (In this case, XL = extra long)
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

Yeah longer (to cover more area around the DM and shorter, so it's easier to see over. Both of those would make it unique and very appetising! :wink:
- Joseph Frenia

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”