DCC World

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

And like a perfect fit for C&C, aye Maliki?
Maliki
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maliki »

It really does sound like a nice fit for C&C.
Last edited by Maliki on Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never throw rocks at a man with a Vorpal Sword
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

Amazon.com has this boxed set listed with a release date of September 30.

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/0977960226 ... 47-2585607

I'm tempted to pre-order, but I wonder how accurate that release date is. Do you guys think they'll really have copies to start shipping out this Friday?

signed - desperate
Nahat Anoj
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Nahat Anoj »

jason.richardson wrote:Amazon.com has this boxed set listed with a release date of September 30.

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/0977960226 ... 47-2585607

I'm tempted to pre-order, but I wonder how accurate that release date is. Do you guys think they'll really have copies to start shipping out this Friday?

signed - desperate
In my experience, Amazon has been terrible at getting preorders (or even new releases) shipped out when the book is normally available.
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

I doubt it. They are notorious for listing things as available and then not having them ready.
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

For those of you "in the know"...

Are there blank areas of the Known Realms?

I'm hoping there's an area that I can stick Yggsburgh and its environs (namely Castle Zagyg) easily.

jason
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

jason.richardson wrote:Are there blank areas of the Known Realms?
Yep - as mentioned earlier in this thread, there's plenty of unmapped areas left in the Known Realms. This was done deliberately, so that GMs could easily insert their own homebrewed adventures and campaigns - or, for that matter, any adventure or campaign - into the Realms without too much difficulty.
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Mike_Ferguson wrote:
Yep - as mentioned earlier in this thread, there's plenty of unmapped areas left in the Known Realms. This was done deliberately, so that GMs could easily insert their own homebrewed adventures and campaigns - or, for that matter, any adventure or campaign - into the Realms without too much difficulty.
Yeah, I see the earlier post now. I need to remember to look around before I post.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, that's good news.

By the way, I checked your blog. Cool stuff and I see you are a fellow Tool fan. Why that matters I dunno, I just thought I'd mention it.
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

jason.richardson wrote:Yeah, I see the earlier post now. I need to remember to look around before I post.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, that's good news.

By the way, I checked your blog. Cool stuff and I see you are a fellow Tool fan. Why that matters I dunno, I just thought I'd mention it.
Oh, don't worry about it. This thread is 18 pages and it's been going on a couple of months now - it's tough to catch everything that's been written so far. Some questions are bound to be repeated, but don't worry - either Harley, Jeff, Joseph, Jeremy or myself will make sure no question goes unanswered. :)

And thanks for the kind words on the blog - I don't get to update it as frequently as I would like, but I try to post something new every week or so. Among other things, I post about my stuff for Goodman Games and about "old-school" (1st and 2nd edition) AD&D gaming, so if you find that of interest, feel free to drop in from time to time.
Maliki
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maliki »

Mike_Ferguson wrote:
Another strong selling point, IMHO.
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Maliki wrote:
Mike_Ferguson wrote:
Another strong selling point, IMHO.
I agree, that's great news. I can even place my Night Below campaign boxed set in a blank area.

Oh, and a new preview is up: http://www.goodmangames.com/downloads/D ... view-2.pdf
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

What's the correct pronunciation of Crieste? Is it pronounced like the name "Christy"?
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Oh, excellent! Yes, everyone: check out Crieste, Empire of !
What's the correct pronunciation of Crieste?
I pronounce it kree-EST, but the other two could tell you better. I believe Crieste was born from Mike Ferguson's campaigns of old, but Harley fleshed it out. Such a cool place, with larger than life good guys and the most depraved villains.

There are also the Criestine Colonies, to be found in the Southlands chapter (and was originally referenced in Curse of the Emerald Cobra).[/quote]
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Ok, DCC 35 is slated for Oct 16th in stores. It is enroute, and possibly at the warehouse at this point. For those of us who have prepaid, is their an estimate on a ship date? Will we receive it before the stores? Will it ship to us on the 16th?
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

Jeff LaSala wrote:
Oh, excellent! Yes, everyone: check out Crieste, Empire of !
What's the correct pronunciation of Crieste?
I pronounce it kree-EST, but the other two could tell you better. I believe Crieste was born from Mike Ferguson's campaigns of old, but Harley fleshed it out.
Yep - the "correct" pronunciation is kree-EST, as Jeff noted above. But definitely feel free to pronounce it however you want - after all, it's your game. :)

As Jeff noted, the Criestine Empire had its roots in one of my first homebrewed campaigns ... so at this point, it's technically been around for close to 20 years. Harley's version of it in the DCC World boxed set is quite different from my original version. However, I think Harley did a phenomenal job with creating a new Empire. :)
Nahat Anoj
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Nahat Anoj »

Jeff LaSala wrote:Oh, excellent! Yes, everyone: check out Crieste, Empire of !
I did. It is badass. :)
There are also the Criestine Colonies, to be found in the Southlands chapter (and was originally referenced in Curse of the Emerald Cobra).
How would the power balance between Northland and Southland empires be characterized? Is it like the balance between the Europeans and the old American civilizations during the 1500's, which was tipped toward the former in part because of technology but mostly from diseases? Or is it a more "balanced" relationship?
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Is it like the balance between the Europeans and the old American civilizations during the 1500's, which was tipped toward the former in part because of technology but mostly from diseases? Or is it a more "balanced" relationship?
The latter, absolutely. If Hernán Cortés had not brought down the Aztec Empire, and if the Aztecs had originally learned their magic and technology from an ancient race of sorcerous serpents, and the Aztec priests had been able to actually cast divine spells...then you might have something closer to the Xulmec city-states. :D

None of the Xulmec city-states have been conquered by the Northland explorers. The only foothold the Northlanders ever won in the Southlands was the establishment of the nearby Criestine Colonies—and that only by allying with the Xulmecs to defeat the nefarious Emerald Cobra of legend.
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Nice preview! Thanks very much for posting this.

Now, If we could only get a high-res map preview of Crieste :)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Almost here! It's en route from the port now, slated to hit my warehouse first thing next week. Preorders will go out once it's in the warehouse... but, as with all things involving the post office, I hesitate to predict an exact arrival date other than "October 16 or before." Amazon.com won't have it until mid-October, the same time as everyone else.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Can we pay for faster shipping?
Nahat Anoj
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Nahat Anoj »

Jeff LaSala wrote:The latter, absolutely. If Hernán Cortés had not brought down the Aztec Empire, and if the Aztecs had originally learned their magic and technology from an ancient race of sorcerous serpents, and the Aztec priests had been able to actually cast divine spells...then you might have something closer to the Xulmec city-states. :D

None of the Xulmec city-states have been conquered by the Northland explorers. The only foothold the Northlanders ever won in the Southlands was the establishment of the nearby Criestine Colonies—and that only by allying with the Xulmecs to defeat the nefarious Emerald Cobra of legend.
Sounds good. :)
Maliki
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maliki »

New preview looks good, thanks.
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

I am really liking the Cinai Barbarians. The fact that they go to the Scourgelands and call out the orcs and ogres to fight is pretty nifty.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

PeelSeel2 wrote:Can we pay for faster shipping?
Yes, email me separately and I can get you details on priority mail. Just be warned that this sucker is heavy... anything other than media might add up fast!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Joseph,
Is there any chance of making DCC 35 available as a PDF sooner since it seems like it may arrive sooner at your warehouse? I have a copy coming in to my local game store, but I also like having my books in PDF if possible.

That would be cheaper than having to order it priority mail. :)

Thanks,
Ren

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”