DCC#5 Aerie of the Crow God - Map Scale

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

DCC#5 Aerie of the Crow God - Map Scale

Post by welland_warrior »

Hi there,

Just a quick question: is the map scale 1 square = 10 feet?

Thanks!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: DCC#5 Aerie of the Crow God - Map Scale

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, one square = 10 feet.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
losloris
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: trig

Post by losloris »

I could use some clarification, please. Are the stairs that lead up to the tower inside or outside? There is a transition i am just not seeing clearly. There is the cave with the scragg, stairs (inside) and then rain outside, rook attack, guy hanging from flag staff. Where does that inside/outside transition happen?

Are there to be rooks inside the cavern?

Losloris
a man, and so, legally blind
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

losloris wrote:Are the stairs that lead up to the tower inside or outside? There is a transition i am just not seeing clearly. There is the cave with the scragg, stairs (inside) and then rain outside, rook attack, guy hanging from flag staff. Where does that inside/outside transition happen?
My version of the adventure is a later printing with an added adventure, so it may not match-up to yours, page-wise...

The italicized description of the stairs points out that a cold sea breeze blows down from somewhere above, so there must be access to the outside in some form...

The Map forA-1 Scrag Grotto shows the stairs going under something (solid stairs symbol with a line perpendicular to it, and then "faint" stair lines thereafter). For me that's on page 64.

The illustration on page 8 for Area A-2, shows the stairs on the outside. IIRC, the original cover art showed the stairs on the outside, too.

The stairs are on the outside.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
losloris
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: trig

Post by losloris »

Okay; I will make a transition so that some of the stairs are outside, yet below the tower. In the 'A' section is a rook encounter and a drawing of rooks attacking a party on stairs that is clearly outside - water is seen in the back ground. Yet there are no outside stairs.

So, yah, I will have the cliff stairs be part in, part out, and then on to the tower.

Thanks

Losloris
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

losloris wrote:... Yet there are no outside stairs.
Well, I think the intent is that 99% of the stairway is circling up the outside of the tower, but there's no reason to not change that, or any other element, to suit your preferences... These things aren't holy writ!
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”