Chapter 1: Destiny of Steam and Steel - Part I: Neddirpik

Forum for online DragonMech game "Destiny of Steam and Steel."

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, Harley Stroh

Flushmaster
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Flushmaster »

If there is any hint of magic remaining in time, Zulvar casts detect magic to examine it, dropping to a crouch in the corridor while doing so to concentrate without having to lean over due to the [presumably] low ceiling.

Since doing so usually results in a spellcraft check, here's one: roll 18 + mod 9 = 27.

*hopes that the lucky roll sets a precedent*
Cas
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Cas »

Cas Pays his fine plus the costs to get his wepon back and heads back to the gear writes. When he finaly returns the anouncement comes on and he hears Hammers Invitation. "I would be more than happy to lend my services for a share of the glory... and gold"
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

(Assuming that the bounty announcement was audible throughout the city mech via a PA sysytem of some sort...)

Namfoodle sits up and thinks for a second...
200 gold? that's a few meals, sure enough

Namfoodle jumps off the bunk, leaving his pack where it is, and heads for the lower levels, and the mech bay. Let's just see if i can hitch a ride with the mech that wins the bounty
Namfoodle "Sparklediver" Raulnor
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Destiny of Steam and Steel
Hemisphere II

Music
Pipes
Glod bends a sheet of metal and while three others hold it in place, he makes spot weilds around the sheet. This will hold until the pipe is later replaced. He uses a heavy steam driven sparking device from the gearwrights that has a gnomish look to it. The thing is big and heavy and loud but it generates a good sharp point of heat. It is Hammer who insists Glod uses safety goggles. Spatz, Crench and Hammer don black goggles as well as the sparker hisses and waterfalls yellow stars.

Glod asks "Can I help out with the lunar creature?"
Hammer nods, taking off his goggles and inspecting the weild. He hits it once with his fist. "Looks good. And yeah, if you can run a gunnery chair, you're welcome on Hemisphere. We should head down there."

Music
Magic
Zulvar concentrates, closes his eyes and speaks several strange words that linger in the air like an echo. He opens his eyes and he can see the world in a different way. The mech is a cold, heartless thing with a blue protective aura. People are warm red breathing creatures. The magical aura he is examining is blured slightly like several slides layed on top of each other. The aura is fading. Zulvar can still see when the aura used to be strong. He can also see the aura fading and he can see the aura gone - all at the same time. The magic is from the school of transmutation, or alteration depending on your knowledge of magic.

Someone steps into Zulvar's view, a paladin, whose aura of goodness is bright compared to the faint magic Zulvar is studying. Glod, Cas, Spatz, Crench and Hammer pass by. Hammer pauses for a moment. "You should come with us. I could use another gunner."

Music
Glory and Gold
Cas Pays his fine plus the costs to get his wepon back and heads back to the gear writes.

Hammer raises an eye-brow. "You were fined for carrying that thing around. Perhaps you should stow it somewhere."

"I would be more than happy to lend my services for a share of the glory... and gold" Cas says.

Hammer nods. "Two hundred gold barely pays the start-up cost for Hemisphere, or at least it feels that way. I'm not going out there for the gold so you fellows are welcome to it."

Music
Hemisphere II
It is a black thing that lurks in the shadows of black steam like a hissing demon, a demon three stories tall and made of metal and greese. Two massive cannons hang down from it's arms. A complicated set of pressure tanks surround it's legs. It is 90 feet tall and takes up three standard mech bays. It isn't the largest mech stored on Neddirpick but only a few are larger. This is a size Collosal IV mech.

Hammer smiles when he sees it. "She's a little slow right now but she'll move us around. Watch your footing, there are cables all over the floor. We climb up the back side of the right leg to get in and I'll show each of you your stations. When I get her warmed up, we'll head out and do some test firing and then engage whatever is white and moving out there."

The gunnery stations are comfortable, an odd feature. The chairs are well padded and the controls are effeciently laided out. Grabbing the control stick you notice an odd feature - power stearing. The steam power is semi-applied to the control surface so you can turn and opperate the gunnery station with very little muscle. Of course if the power shuts down, you'll be back to arm-strong steering but right now, it is easy. There are mirrors mounted on every gunnery station that give a better view of the world outside. Not every direction can be seen but vision is pretty good.

Music
Namfoodle and Steam
Namfoodle arrives in the mechbay after a long elevator ride down. It stinks of grease and sweat and steam hisses everywhere so loud that dock-workers use glow-sticks to signal the moving mechs. Shouting is useless in this environment. It is also hot, very hot.

Most of the mechs are moving, but a big black monster of a machine is powering up nearby - Hemisphere II is about to move.

Hemisphere II
Hammer touches the control surface, reafs back on a stick and the mech takes it's first lurched step forward. Gears grind and it moves forward. It teeters slightly to one direction before he gets it under control and then it follows the glow strips on the floor towards the exit of Neddirpick. The mech hisses but it is relatively quiet in the cockpit.

A single cockpit houses the pilot and primary gunner stations. It is well insulated and the windows are glass, probably glass-steel. Hemisphere II crushes one of the walkway lights, much to the chagrin of the dock workers, before stepping out into the light. It lumbers forward.

"Scrap the tests, target in sight." Hammer says with no trace of emotion. He turns the mech towards a lunar dragon which has already torn appart several smaller mechs. "Light it up folks."

If you have a Mech Attack Bonus, you may fire the mech weapon with it. Otherwise, use 1/2 your level (rounded down) and suffer a -4 non-proficient penalty. If you have the feat that gives you a Mech Attack Bonus, use 1/2 your level (rounded down) but you are proficient. I'm going to write up Hemisphere II shortly and I'll get those stats posted when done so you can find out what damage you are inflicting. You are facing an older Lunar Dragon. Post the AC you strike and I'll tell you if you hit. I'll post the weapons when I finish HII so you can tell me what weapon you want to opperate.

Music
Lunar Menace
The lunar dragon is big. This is an older one and it has already killed a few pilots and their mechs. Hemisphere charges forward towards it. The dragon opens its mouth to breath.

There are 5 gunnery positions, Cas, Namfoodle, and Glod will certainly be using them as well as Alfa (when Nathan posts again cough, cough) and Zulvar on his next post as well. Hammer is piloting the mech and not controling any of the weapons. Hemisphere will have 3 primary weapon systems plus 2 smaller weapon systems.

Mark Charke
Flushmaster
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Flushmaster »

Zulvar rises, blinking for a brief moment, and turns to Hammer. "If you're going to fight the beast they announced, sure, I'll come. I'm not the best handling mech weapons but I'll do whatever I can to help." As he follows Hammer and his entourage down the low corridor Zulvar mutters under his breath, "and maybe I'll get to stretch out a bit...my legs and back already feel cramped."
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Preparing for battle

Post by Raptor »

Robert heads back to his living quarters to get his hydraulic armor, then heads for the mech bays.
Last edited by Raptor on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Collateral Damage

Music
White hot flames wash over the surface of Hemisphere II. The grease stains evaporate into flame. The paint catches fire. Armored plates buckle. The temperature in the cockpit rises dramatically. After the blast, liquid metal cools into little solid trickles and rivers across Hemisphere's surface.

Hemisphere takes 150 points of damage, putting it at 700/1056 hit points. The mech is still in the green and unless lunar dragons are different, there should be a reprieve from that deadly breath weapon for at least a few seconds.

Storage
Robert finds that, although he can not wear hydrolic armor inside Hemisphere II, there is not only room for the armor but a closet designed for hydrolic armor storage. Hemisphere has a minimal crew and lots of storage space as a result. There could be even more room, but many tons of electronics and other machines fill up much of the space, most of it dedicated to opperating the weapons.

Gunnery
"If you're going to fight the beast they announced, sure, I'll come. I'm not the best handling mech weapons but I'll do whatever I can to help." Says Zulvar.

"Glad to have you on board." Hammer nods. "Pick a chair and squeeze gently on the trigger for effect."

Spatz and Crench run around checking systems. They make various verbal notes about which systems are not working. Hammer, mostly, ignores them, concentrating on steering the mech.

How to Fire a mech weapon
At your level, everyone has one attack per round with a mech weapon. You need to calculate your attack bonus using the following rules.
Base ranged attack modifier = mech’s Dexterity modifier + gunner’s Dexterity modifier + gunner’s mech attack bonus.

Hemisphere has a Mech Dexterity of 4, giving you a -3 penalty to hit. Hemisphere has masterwork gunner controls adding +2 to hit.
Add your Dexterity Modifier and Mech Attack Bonus.
Mech Attack Bonus: If you are a Mech Jockey or have the Mechanized Combat Practise feat, your mech attack bonus equals your Base Attack Bonus. Otherwise, use 1/2 your base attack bonus as your mech attack bonus.

Melee Attacks: Melee attacks use Hemisphere's Strength modifier (+16) instead of it's Dexterity modifier (-3) so your attack roll goes up significantly. Characters in gunner chair 1 or 2 can either fire a colossal steam cannon or make a melee attack with that arm.

Please roll up 4 attack rolls and choose which mech-weapon you wish to fire, unless you are performing other activities. Hemisphere has the following weapon systems. At this point all the weapons are within range and the mech will be at point-blank with the dragon in the following rounds.

Gunner Chair 1: Colossal Steam Cannon (4d10/x3) (Right Arm 5d6+16)
Gunner Chair 2: Colossal Steam Cannon (4d10/x3) (Left Arm 5d6+16)
Gunner Chair 3: Colossal Steam Breather (5d6/x2)
Gunner Chair 4: 2x Huge Steam Cannon (2d10/x2)
Gunner Chair 5: 2x Huge Steam Cannon (2d10/x2)
Pilot Chair: (Hammer at this time)

Mark Charke
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

Seeing as how Namfoodle arrived at the party late, he is now sitting at whichever seat was unoccupied at the time, most probably the steam breather, but one of the huge steam cannons, if he's lucky.

([+2 BAB/2] -3 mech dex, +2 controls, +3 dex, -4 non proficiency = -1 )
12 (13-1)
9 (10-1)
2 (3-1)
12 (13-1)

The little gnome fires at the dragon as best he can, but, with his poor aim, what shots even touch the creature meerly glance of it's thick armor. "Stand still and get hit, ya slag hole!"
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Destiny
Bang

No one has claimed any seats so you get a steam cannon.

After you make your first attack, Hammer would advice you to use melee attacks, which are far more likely to hit, with that +16 strength bonus, instead of the -3 Dex penalty. You may reroll your following 3 attacks.

Mark Charke
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

([+2 BAB/2] +16 mech dex, +2 controls, +3 dex, -4 non proficiency = +18 )

24 (6+18)
33 (15+18)
25 (7+18)

Namfoodle whoops as he begins connecting with some solid blows... though he can't tell if he actually did any damage.
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

seating arrangement

Post by Raptor »

I'll take gunner chair #5 and spend a PP to activate offensive precognition (+1 insight bonus to hit).
Last edited by Raptor on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Clarification

Post by Raptor »

Just for clarification, when you stated make 4 attack rolls did you mean take four rounds of actions?
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Destiny

Yes, for the four attacks, I meant four rounds of combat. If there is anything else you want to do during those 4 rounds please mention them too.

Also you should look up the weapon you are using - the damage values are listed in the Hemisphere II thread - and calculate your damage. I'll tell you if you hit or not in the next major post I write. Incidently, if you don't fire... things could get ugly.

Mark Charke
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

In that case...

I still make an attack a round like I rolled for.

I should note, however, that under normal combat conditions I prefer to declare my actions on a round by round basis (and at my initiative count, though i'm amenable to declaring my actions at the start of each round).
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

attacks

Post by Raptor »

Robert fires 3 times (mod is (mech dex)-4(MW gunner cont)+2(dex)+2(MAB)+1(insight)+1=+2). 1st att 11+2=13, 2nd 15+2=17, 3rd 12+2=14. Damage rolls (4d10) 1st 12, 2nd 17, 3rd 19.
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

I should note, however, that under normal combat conditions I prefer to declare my actions on a round by round basis (and at my initiative count, though i'm amenable to declaring my actions at the start of each round).
Jumping by four speeds up an online game considerably. It also gives me a little more to post about than a single swing of a sword. Combat is more described than mapped out and calculated by the numbers. If initiative is important I'll bring it up, if someone is about to die or you're trying to sneak attack. The last fight I did online, round by round, took months but really it only needed one post along the lines of "You clean up on the orcs, they didn't stand a chance".

MCDM
Alfa Romeo
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Alfa Romeo »

assuming it's not too late to come aboard, i'll man the 2nd seat.

"now the trick is to wait till you have a good shot..."
steam cannon: 14-3+1+2= 14
alfa pulls the trigger, launching the cannon at what seems to be a good tragectory.

"now usually the first shot dosen't do the trick, but now he's off ballance see, so watch for an opening, and ram your fist into his stomach"
fist: 6+3=9
just as alfa is about to launch THE FINAL BLOW (TM) a bit of grit, or maybe a bug (yeah thats it, a bug) flies into his eye, after all it's not like THE FINAL BLOW (TM) could miss under normal circumstances.

"of course! the dragon must be sending insects to hinder our attacks! he probibally thinks we're panicing inside here now. so there is no way he'd expect a counterattack! Wahahaha!"
fist: 14+3=17

"Ho ho ho! now he's in for it, my counterattack has left him open for THE FINAL BLOW (TM)
fist: 20+3=23 (crit threat)
confirm crit: 14+3=17

THE FINAL BLOW is a trademark of Alfa Romeo engineering inc. all rights reserved.
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

dex vs str

Post by Raptor »

hey alfa, you need to recalculate the last 3 attacks, because mech melee attacks are based off of mech Str, not Dex. +16 vs -3 is a big difference.
Last edited by Raptor on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

He is in the gunnery chair that controls the arm and his last three attacks were melee attacks with the mech's arm. I'll get a major post out shortly. I've been trying to get Josh and Nathan to post but I'll go ahead without them.
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Fire Power

Music
Hemisphere Status: 700/1056 Green

Namfoodle: Gunner Chair 1: Colossal Steam Cannon (4d10/x3) (Right Arm 5d6+16)
Round 1: 12 (13-1) (4d10 20/x2 Steam Cannon) [Miss]
Round 2: 24 (6+1) (5d6+16 20/x2 Right Arm)
Round 3: 33 (15+1) (5d6+16 20/x2 Right Arm)
Round 4: 25 (7+1) (5d6+16 20/x2 Right Arm)

Alfa Romeo: Gunner Chair 2: Colossal Steam Cannon (4d10/x3) (Left Arm 5d6+16)
Round 1: 14 (4d10 20/x2 Steam Cannon) [Miss]
Round 2: 9 (4d10 20/x2 Steam Cannon) [Miss]
Round 3: 17 (13-1) (4d10 20/x2 Steam Cannon)
Round 4: 17 (13-1) (4d10 20/x2 Steam Cannon)

Empty: Gunner Chair 3: Colossal Steam Breather (5d6/x2)

Empty: Gunner Chair 4: 2x Huge Steam Cannon (2d10/x2)

Robert: Gunner Chair 5: 2x Huge Steam Cannon (2d10/x2)
Round 1: Manifests insight (+1 to hit)
Round 2: 12 (2d10 20/x2 Steam Cannon) [Miss]
Round 3: 17 (2d10 20/x2 Steam Cannon)
Round 4: 19 (2d10 20/x2 Steam Cannon)

Pilot Chair: Hammer at this time

Thunder
There is a sound. You are sure there is sound, but it is like staring into the sun too long. You just don't hear it. There is a ringing. It's like an insect performing some kind of ballet. That is all you hear. Sure there is fire and smoke. There is so much smoke that for a moment you can not see the dragon but them Hammer turns the mech and steps out of the smoke cloud and you can line up your attacks again. You can see Hammer open his mouth and you figure that wagging tongue is saying something. You haven't got a clue until he reaches above you and tugs down a headset with huge protective ear covers.

And now the dragon. It is a beast born of the heavens, literally and much of the damage just glances off its hide but not all of it. Namfoodle leaning hard on the arm controls manages to score some staggering blows. The arms are difficult things to use. He has to wait until the beast is just about within range, activate the arm, and hope the creature remains in range for the few seconds it takes for the arm to come crashing down. It does. The beast staggers under such blows and finally retreats back out of range of them after the third.

Alfa Romeo squeezes on the trigger, waits a moment and then watches the whole arm recoil as the cannon blasts out black and white steam, vaporized oil and water all mixed up, and a cannon ball the size of a car. The first shot grazes the dragon. The second misses wildly, the dragon moving in the delay between pressing the trigger and actual firing. The last two shots are much better, staggering the dragon.

Robert squeezes on the trigger and cannons react quickly. The smaller cannons are set in turrets in the torso. A HUD shows him where they are aiming because they are down below the cockpit and are hard to see from your current position. The shells hit the dragon every single time but its massive armored hide does not seem to suffer much from them. It is the third shot that hits a weaker point and penetrates to do some damage.

Total Damage Inflicted on Dragon: 206.5/816

Music
The Dragon's Roar
The beast does not look happy. It lashes out at Hemisphere II. It claws and rends at the mech. Great metal sheets part before its claws like tissue paper. One of the torso plates is slashed right off and bangs against the cockpit before tumbling to the ground. Looking out towards the mech's left you can now see an array of piping and ammunition feeds instead of armor! Over four rounds the dragon inflicts 224 points of slashing and chewing damage including one critical hit.

Music
Hemisphere Status: 476/1056 Green

Damaged
Things start popping and snapping across the structure that is Hemisphere II. Sitting 1 point of damage away from Yellow it is not in good stead as the dragon leaps away to prepare it's breath weapon.

The right arm locks into place when a dragon's claw cuts through a series of steam pipes. A series of red lights come on in front of Namfoodle indicating the damage. He can move the control surface but the arm does not respond. A fog of steam pours out across the torso around the arm.

"Namfoodle" Hammer's voice comes over the headsets now that your hearing is clearing "better jump up and grab another gunnery station. Looks like that one is dead. I'll try keep us further away from that thing."

"Spatz - override the safeties. Give us a little more juice! Crench, take the wheel."

"The wheel?"

"Drive the mech!"

"Sure boss!"

Crench hurries into the cockpit. His face is all covered with grease. Crench tries to control the mech. He switches places with Hammer. It lurches left and right. He's having a tough time, being too small for the controls.

Music
Hammer kneels down and puts his hands on the floor of the mech and begins speaking a Norse language of some kind.

Future Attacks: Future attacks will only be ranged attacks as Crench is keeping the mech away from the Dragon's claws. Everyone gains a +5 Enhancement bonus to hit and damage. (This will stack with the +1 Insight bonus Robert is benifiting from.) Weapons will score a critical hit on a 19-20 right now.

MCDM
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

Namfoodle surveys the mess (or, what he can see of it) that's been made of his station. "Oh... Clinkers!"

Namfoodle disregaurds Hammer's suggestion; it's not like he'd make much, if any, difference manning a steam gun, especially after his earlier display of martial ineptitude. He begins casting Major Image, and brings forth a figment of an Arbitrator mech wielding a second axe in place of the typical steam cannon to distract the dragon and split it's attention from the Hemisphere II.

( Major image, durration: concentration +3 rounds, range: long( 600 ft. ), effect: 9 10' cubes. I stack the cubes 3 high to accomodate the height of the Arbitrator mech, found in the book "second age of walkers" on pages 28/29 and it's as shown except the left arm steam cannon is replaced with a second Huge axe blade, and i have the three 'stacks' of cubes parallel to and entering the dragon's position so the mech figment has some room to maneuver)

Concentration check:
I assume that the DC will be 15 (violent motion, p70, PHB)

bonus: 8 ranks, +2 con = +10
11 + 10 = 21,

That beats the assumed check DC, so i cast my spell successfully.

To maintain concentration on subsequent rounds...
12 + 10 = 22
11 + 10 = 21
18 + 10 = 28
16 + 10 = 26
(looks good so far)

The figment has an AC of 10 - 4 = 6
It disapears if it is hit unless i make it act accordingly. (which i intend to do)
If the dragon interacts with it, the dragon gets a DC 19 Will save to disbelieve the figment if it interacts with it. (ie: attacks it or is attacked and hit by it)

on the round that I generate the figment i make it attack, and it will attack in subsequent rounds as well (until i lose concentration) if the mech gets hit, i cause it to become scored and cut where clawed and to melt where the breath weapon hits it
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

An excellent idea Reese - you just gave Hemisphere II 50% damage reduction!

Mark Charke
Orin
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Orin »

From station four Glod shoots the steam cannon.

8 (+2) = 14
12 (+2) = 14
14 (+2) = 16
12 (+2) = 14
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Raptor »

Four more rounds of actions?
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Gunsmoke

Music
The weapons fire again. There is the hiss of steam and the thunder of steam cannons. Blood, a deep blue-red, trickles from the dragon in many places, but it is hardly even slowed and Hemisphere is starting to feel the brunt of the attacks.

Music
The dragon attacks the illusion. That buys you a single round of breathing time but with so many people distracted (not posting) too many of the guns are silent. The white beast chases the mech for a few seconds before catching it and clawing into it again. Finally, badly injured, the dragon retreats and starts moving away, flying backwards, watching the smoking form of Hemisphere.

Empty (Disabled): Gunner Chair 1: Colossal Steam Cannon (4d10/x3) (Right Arm 5d6+16)

Alfa Romeo: Gunner Chair 2: Colossal Steam Cannon (4d10/x3) (Left Arm 5d6+16)
Somebody is not posting besides myself.

Hammer: Gunner Chair 3: Colossal Steam Breather (5d6/x2)
Round 5: Casting Spell
Round 6: Hit (23 dmg)
Round 7: Hit (23 dmg)
Round 8: Hit (23 dmg)

Glod Gunner Chair 4: 2x Huge Steam Cannon (2d10/x2)
Round 5: 14 [Miss]
Round 6: 14 [Miss]
Round 7: 16 (20 dmg)
Round 8: 14 [Miss]

Robert: Gunner Chair 5: 2x Huge Steam Cannon (2d10/x2)
Round 5: 19 Hit (16 dmg)
Round 6: 17 Hit (16 dmg)
Round 7: 23 Hit (16 dmg)
Round 8: 24 Hit (16 dmg)
(I rolled your 1st attack, and used your old numbers modified by the Mass Greater Magic Weapon spell.)

Pilot Chair: Crench

On Repairs: Spatz

Total Damage Inflicted on Dragon: 359.5/816

Dragon
Round 5: Attacks Illusion
Round 6: Chases Hemisphere II
Round 7: Attacks Hemisphere II: 36pts of damage
Round 8: Dragon retreats

Hemisphere Status: 440/1056 Yellow

Music
A Moment's Pause
Hemisphere turns slightly and smoke starts filling the cockpit through a shattered window plate. Everyone is blinded for a moment. It clears soon enough and the dragon is in full retreat, flapping away. That is not to say it is out of range though.

The Colossal Steam Cannons have a 900ft range, the Huge ones have 1000ft range. The dragon flies at 150ft. per round and will remain in range for 6 more rounds, albeit at longer and longer ranges, unless you pursue.

The dragon casts in mid air and leaves a meteor swarm in its wake. White lunar rock rains down on Hemisphere, punching holes in the mech (another 64 dmg). There is an explosion in the cockpit. Everyone needs to make a Reflex saving throw or suffer 2d6 (7) points of shrapnel damage.

Hammer (fumbles) looks right into the blast and is blinded temporarially by a face-full of glass and metal fragments. He says something impolite and clutches at his face, searching around blindly for the medical kit stored on the wall.

Hemisphere Status: 376/1056 Yellow

It wasn't a long moment's pause.

Music
[This is Round 9. The dragon is 150ft. away and Crench is not currently pursuing the creature. The dragon has already acted by casting a spell and moving. The mech can still move and you can all fire or perform other activities normally. Unless you fumble your saving throws you will be able to act without penatly.]

Mark Charke
Last edited by Charke on Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “DragonMech: Destiny of Steam and Steel”