Limbo
  • Alfa Romeo - Alfa Romeo, Dwarven Coglayer
    Cas - Cassius Black, Human Mech Jockey
    Ca'el Garsha - Pending
    Paladin 73 - Pending
Withdrawn
  • Mythfish - no character posted
- Old Notes Below -

It might not seem fair but I know Ca'el and Paladin so their spots are secured. They are just waiting for books.

There has been some note about writing in 1st person or 3rd person. It is up to you. Either format works fine. 1st is more personal but 3rd can be a little easier to write for logical stuff.

I run down the gangplank and smack my head into a steam pipe. I curse and swear.

Grip runs down the gangplank and smacks his head into a steam pipe. He curses and swears.

I'm running a Slaine character and I switch between styles in the same message using different narrators, which has been a lot of fun. (Its over on MongoosePublishing.com forums - Challenge of the Gull)

MCDM[/list]
Last edited by Charke on Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
Orin
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Orin »

I started 1st, but revised to third after Alfa posted. I suppose it makes it easier when my forum name (my real name) is rather different from my character's name.
Paladin 73
Gongfarmer

need to discuss me character with you

Post by Paladin 73 »

Hey Mark, I need to set up a time when you and I can sit down because I have an idea that I want to run by you first. I just got hit with a summer cold so I am going to be out of commision for a few days.

Paladin 73
S.M.A.K.I.B.B.F.B.
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Hey Orin, how did you do that picture? Is that a 3-d graphic?

Mark Charke
Orin
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Orin »

Yup, built it all in Bryce3D, rendered it in Bryce and then used Photoshop to blur it and make it BW which seems to be the style of DragonMech.

The idea is that Glod has a deep subconsious desire to build his own citymech one day. Obviously such a goal is a very long way off, but I'm planting some of the seeds now.

Here is an unmodified version of the mesh. It isn't that great, but it is a start on trying to render some original images for DragonMech. The overplate on top is protection against lunar rain. I figure all citymechs would need some sort of protective dome to deal with any impacts that occur.

http://www.certtutor.net/Common/Trainin ... 071805.jpg
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

With two players not posting at all, I'm going to start hunting them down to start and I'll be looking for more players.

MCDM
Orin
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Orin »

I assumed that you would roll our skillchecks. If this is not the case, how do you want us to do the rolls?
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Roll them yourself.

MCDM
Cas
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Cas »

do you know of a web site where we can upload the music for our chars?
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Just tell me what music you want and I'll upload it to my website. Or email me the midi file.

Mark Charke
Cas
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Cas »

great, sent.
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

I'll get an update out sometime this weekend. I'm ending up real busy but I'll squeek some time in. I was sort of hoping to get a few more posts - wink, wink - and we've got a new player I'll be introducing in the latest post.

Mark Charke
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Okay I lied. It was a busy sunny weekend and work had me busier that ever - lifeguarding that is. I'm leaving for Gen-Con on Wednesday but I'll try get that post out before I go. I'd send it right now but I'm off to work. I've got about a week off coming up, so besides catching up on my writing, I'll be able to get a few posts in.

Mark Charke
Flushmaster
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Flushmaster »

*waits patiently, or at leasts attempts to appear so*

By the way, is the character I posted good to go, or are any tweaks needed?
sedm1549
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Are you still looking for players ???

Post by sedm1549 »

Hi, I was wandering if your still looking for players for your game. If so I have one ready to play if it meats your approval (history needs some work but a basic one is presented). I work week on - week off on a ferry but should be able to post enough to make my player workable, and if you want i'll write up some standard responces for my character so you could use them if I hadn't posted intime for you.

Character is basically a meck jockey who has the option of also acting as a sniper or as a boarding party member.

Connaught Stormeye

Mech Jockey 3 / Stalker 2: CR 5; Medium humanoid (human); HD 6+5d6+5; hp 24;Init +4; Spd 20ft.; AC 18 (+1 pilots armour (4), +1 bracers, +3 dex (medium load)), touch 13, Flat-footed 15; Base Atk +3; Mech Atk +3; Grp +3; Atk +8 melee (1d6+1 18-20/x2 Prc "+1" Rapier) or +7 ranged (1d10/1d10 x2 prc double barreled steam gun), +7 any mech weapon ; SA Sneak attack +1d6 ; SQ Mech fingers-Warrior instinct, Hand speed, Extrodinary pilot, Patch work repairs, Push envelope 1/day, Evasion, Trap finding; AL NN; SV Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +2; Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 7.

Skills & Feats: Balance +10, Climb +1, Craft (mechcraft) +8, Disable device +8, Hide +3, Jump -1, Knowledge (Mech) +6, Knowlege (Steam engines) +4, Listen +2, Move silently +3, Mech Pilot +16, Open lock +10, Spot +7, Tumble +4, Use magic device +4, Use rope +7; Dodge, Meck dancer, Mech walker, Natural pilot, Quick darw*, Weapon finesse.

Language: Common, Dwarven, Elven.

Possessions: On person: bracers of armour +1, Bullets (20), Cloak of resistance +1, Double barrelled steamgun, magic missile wand, MW dagger, MW Thieves tools, Pilot armour +1, potion bulls strength, potion cure moderate wounds (x2), potion of spider climb, Rapier +1, sling, Travellers outfit.
Coin at hand: 44gp, 14 sil.
Weight 44lbs - med load = 66lbs. All stats above are assuming this load out.

Possessions: In Pack: Back pack, Artisans tools (mech craft), Bedroll, box (small with good lock: contains 49gp and 9plat), Bullets spare (20), coal 2lbs, Crowbar, grapple + 50ft silk rope, Magnetic bomb (x2), Sun Rod (x2), Trail rations (x2), Water Skin.
Weight 53lbs.

Discription: Age 26, Height 5'10", weight 150lbs. Build Fairly slight. brown hair (short) and eyes.

Personallity: Very quiet sometimes comming off as slightly rude when he does interact. Once you get to know him it obvious that he doesn't mean to cause offence but is just not good at expressing himself. Happy working solo but does miss social interaction if alone for extended periods (month or more) so will never choose isolation as a way of life.

History: Born into a rust rider group he lived there with his father and young mother (who joined the group to be together away from interfearing parents) for most of his young life. He learn't the basics of mech piloting and helped out as a gunner from a young age. After loosing his father in a raid at the age of 12 (a loss which he has come to terms with, the defenders were just trying to protect their families) he and his mother found it harder to stay in the rust rider group. They got by on connaughts piloting skills for 3 years until he and his mother were left to fend for themselves. Soon she settled down with a new love, a worm farmer working near ________. After 3 years ther he starts to miss the freedom of the rust rider life and the thrill of mechs. At 18 he strikes out as a freelance pilot, working for the legion and private patrons. He also joined a rust rider tribe for a short time but left when he got frustrated about the state of their equipment. Now with 8 years experience he is a good free lance pilot and general mercinary.

hope this is ok

cheers
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Sure, you are welcome to join. You may join immediately, as one of the stranded mech jockeys that Hemisphere picked up recently. You will be on-board Hemisphere II.

The game started on Neddirpik. The players left to fight a lunar dragon in Hemisphere II, a mech owned by the now blind character Hammer. They drove the dragon off but Hemisphere was badly damaged. Neddirpik left and they are trying to catch up. On the way, they picked up survivors from other mechs destroyed by the lunar dragon.

Currently they are in the southernmost parts of Neddirpik's Roam headed roughly towards the last city.

Mark Charke
sedm1549
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by sedm1549 »

cheers, sorry i didn't reply sooner. As i said working week on - week off at the moment. I'll send you that list of general responces as soon as I have compliled it.
The_God_Toad
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by The_God_Toad »

You need any one else. I've got an idea, et al., but not a done character. However, should you need another one, I'd be delighted to join!
"The hour is later than you think, Gandalf! It's past bedtime for you!"
- Saruman the Pink

Return to “DragonMech: Destiny of Steam and Steel”