Chronicle Questions

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

MidmoSatyr
Ill-Fated Peasant

Chronicle Questions

Post by MidmoSatyr »

I'm writing an Etherscope chronicle for my gaming group that will include in it's arc "Just a Delivery" "Compound 13" and the...car one from the Great Met (that is fantastic and i totally can't remember the name now). There are 4 other adventures that I'm writing (to add to the 3 I'm using from the books) that complete the story arc. I'm mostly wondering if there would be interest in me putting them online for people to use. Maybe on the Great metropolis website. i was thinking of putting the adventures up individually and then putting information on the storyline arc as a whole.
Just seeing if there would be any interest.

David
Etherphreak
I got nothin'
MidmoSatyr
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by MidmoSatyr »

Because I am in desperate need to bounce ideas off of others I will be putting an adventure up here in chunks as I complete it. I am modeling my format on "Just a Delivery"...honestly because I really like the setup when I was running it. SO! Here we go.

All Quiet on the Eastern Front

Adventure Summary: The characters receive a secretive not directing them to a room in Haven. Getting there proves more challenging then they may have thought at first. Once they have “earned” their right inside they are sent to retrieve a document from inside the military Domain of the new Reich. The only way to gain access is by jacking into it from the inside. Therefore they are asked to go to a tiny village on the eastern side of the New Reich on the border with Russia and break into a small military compound. They must break into the compound, overcome any guards and obstacles, jack into the scope and retrieve the file, all without being caught.

Characters: Involving the characters is going to be largely up to the purview of the TM. (INSERT MORE INFORMATION)

Encounter Table:
Pg. Type Encounter Cr
T/C Haven, Building 7 2
C New Reich Agents 2
C/D Cossack hunting party 2
C/P Turm 13 3
C Defense Program 4
P Schopheim Military Instillation 4
D/C MI-5 5

Part 1: Starting the Adventure

This adventure starts with a letter, either in the Scope or Prime Reality depending on your characters. The letter (sample text below) asks for the players to join the sender in the Scope in a tucked away corner of Haven. While it gives an “address” of sorts none of the characters should automatically recognize it. The letter is unsigned and does not give any information as to the reason for the meeting.

There are several reasons for the players to respond to the summons. The first and easiest for many characters is curiosity. In addition, depending on the setup of your game the letter may have actually been sent to someone that the characters trust and they may be asked by a third party to check it out. If you are running a Great Game themed chronicle you may take a look at jumping straight to scene 2 or 3. If you want to jump to 2, have the person’s superiors find out about the meeting and send them in without the letter. Alternitavely you can replace the “mysterious strangers” entirely with the PC’s mentors/bosses/higher-ups etc. and have them send the characters on the mission.

The Letter: Dear Sir or Madam,
A great danger is brewing far to the east. This threat could bring down whole nations, if not the Empire herself. We believe that you may be able to assist us in combating this event, and we request your assistance. While your sense of patriotism may not implore you to seek us out, surely your sense of humanity will. While you do not know who we are, we find that at this time you are not in need of that information. Find us in Haven, Elsington and Ash, Building 7, suite 7.
Signed,
Clarity

David
I got nothin'
Malladin_Nigel
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Chronicle Questions

Post by Malladin_Nigel »

This is a classic genre intro, really like it.

Return to “Etherscope”