Scope Jacks

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

Garuda
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Scope Jacks

Post by Garuda »

To be sure on this point:

You don't have to be an enginaught to take the minor or major cybernetic apps feats? So any class of character can have cybernetics, not just the enginaughts?

In otherwords any class of character or npc can have a scope jack implant?

What do you guys imagine would be the most popular type of scope jack implant? By this I mean: Perhaps under the skin of your wrist/foremarm or maybe openly on view like implanted into the tip of your finger or something else?
'Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'. - Capt. E. Blackadder.
maded
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Scope Jacks

Post by maded »

Garuda wrote:In otherwords any class of character or npc can have a scope jack implant?
That would be correct; as long as they take the feat and use the CPP on a scope jack.
Garuda wrote:What do you guys imagine would be the most popular type of scope jack implant?
I imagine it as possible to be implanted anywhere there's a good sized collection of nerve tissue to tap into so that they can carry impulses quickly and concisely to the brain. Most of the ones I can see would be in the skull, or perhaps in the wrists.

Don't know if the fingertip sounds like a good place for it to me, as the size of the implant would probably require the replacement of a digit or two and reduce manual dexterity somewhat. Not to mention every time you'd have to hammer a nail in, you'd risk smashing your implant ;)
Malladin_Nigel
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Malladin_Nigel »

The default placement is on the back of the neck, both as a homage to the matrix and metaphysically to represent the juncture between the mind and body. Its a pretty intrusive peice of cybernaughtics so finger ports are out but as with most cyber games if you like and its cool go for it. Etherpunk is about style after all.
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by tadk »

well couldn't a scope point be installed in place of the ulna in the fore arm. Have the scope point be wired in, massive invasive surgery, have the end point come down to the finger, of course it would not be flexible but that could work.
Over 30 years spent gaming, all sorts of systems, feel free to ask me anything, no guarantees I will have an answer.

Return to “Etherscope”