Darklore Campaign Primer pdf available?

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

Kruvil
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Darklore Campaign Primer pdf available?

Post by Kruvil »

My question isn't directly related to Etherscope, but I don't know where else to ask. I'd very much like to buy the Darklore Campaign Primer but the pdf no longer seems to be available. Is there anywhere I can pick up a copy? I always liked the idea of D20 Modern fantasy but I completely missed Darklore when it came out a few years ago.

Thanks for any help.
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Darklore Campaign Primer pdf available?

Post by malladin_ben »

Sorry, but my understanding of the licensing rules is that we're no longer able to sell anything put out under the old D20 License, and hence cannot sell you DarkLore.

cheerio,

Ben
Kruvil
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Kruvil »

Odd. I can still buy Etherscope as both a book and as a PDF and it is D20. In fact, I did just buy Etherscope which is what led me to DarkLore. What's the difference? Just curious.
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

Etherscope is released only under the OGL license, whereas DarkLore was released under the D20 System license. I believe that the D20 System license was revoked shortly after 4e being launched, and so we are no onger able to sell products released under the D20 License.

Ben
Kruvil
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Kruvil »

malladin_ben wrote:Etherscope is released only under the OGL license, whereas DarkLore was released under the D20 System license. I believe that the D20 System license was revoked shortly after 4e being launched, and so we are no onger able to sell products released under the D20 License.

Ben
Okay, that makes more sense (in the sense that you can't do it, not that it made sense that Wizards yanked all the D20 System Licenses). Thank you very much for taking the time explaining the situation. I still wish I could give you my money but I guess I'll hold onto it for now :D .
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Ben, I don't know if this helps but you can revise d20 products to exclude the "d20 bits" and re-publish them under the OGL. That's how we were able to make the original 3E DCC modules available again (see, for example, http://goodmangames.rpgnow.com/index.php?cPath=187_4930 ). Ben, shoot me a line and I can explain in more detail...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Kruvil
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Kruvil »

I'm willing to give you my money if you do! :D
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

The trouble I would have is getting the time to make the changes. What precious time I have available for writing at the moment is spent on a new system I am creating, and the space-western-horror setting I intend to release it with.

Sorry if that's a bit mean of me, but D20 feels like a long time in the past for me now - 4E really killed any interest for me and my gaming has moved on to other settings and systems.

Cheerio,

Ben

Return to “Etherscope”