Session 32 Chapter Two

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Session 32 Chapter Two

Post by StormPatriarch »

Session 32- All players present.

As requested, the PC names will appear before the log entry.

Knight- Hyfaidd
Mystic- Quinlan
Rager- Phalaanx
Scrub- Searlean (NPC)

I did consider using the character’s names but it is just faster for a slow typing person like myself to use the short titles.

The PCs decided to rest up in the root cellar of the farmhouse since enemies were still around and their pools were pretty drained. Rager tied a rope around himself and the trapdoor to the cellar so any intruder would find himself greeted by him. He then went to sleep since Knight & Mystic pulled first watch. Mystic heard many goblinoid language words spoken far away and occasional snippets of harpy speech and song. The party was undisturbed for their shift. Then Scrub & Rager took over. After several hours of watch, Rager heard the sounds of searching hobgoblins above. He quickly woke the other PCs and prepared for battle. One of the hobs attempted to open the trap door and Rager attempted to fake that the trapdoor was locked. He failed and the hob started to call out to his compatriots. Rager decided that now was the time to be a Rager-in-the-box. He popped up and buried his ax into the face of the intruder. An arrow from Knight and an over the shoulder thrust from Mystic made sure that the hob would never speak a word. The remaining 3 hobs pushed in to attack Rager. He soaked all the hits into his pools and retaliated viciously. Mystic, Knight & Scrub also caused major havoc. In all, they decimated the 4-hob search party in a surprise round and one regular round.

They peeked out the windows and realized that a major force of hobs was occupying this farm area. They saw that another small party was headed their way but the vast majority of the crowd was listening to speaker on the far side of the courtyard. The PCs decided to go out the back door and high tail it out of there. They succeeded in getting away due to the superior woods craft of Scrub and the magic camouflage spells from Knight. Once they were outside of the area, Scrub revealed that they had avoided at least five 10 hob patrols while they fled. This indicated to Knight that a force of 500 to 1000 hobs was in the area. This was very concerning to them all. The PCs decided to find a hole up spot and to each attempt to contact their respective superiors back in the city. Scrub found a small cave along the shoreline that only had one access trail. Mystic tried to commune with his superiors for 2 hours. Knight tried next and finally Rager & Scrub. Rager & Scrub were able to contact one of the Goddess’s spirit beings. It passed the message to their temple in the city. The spirit returned to inform them to be ready at dawn for a high priest to arrive to magically transport them home.

At dawn, the priest arrived. He got a report from Rager and then drafted Scrub & Rager to help him prepare for the ritual to transport them all back to the city. Knight noticed the remains of a wrecked ship in the rocks below but felt it was not an opportune time to investigate. Mystic noticed it a little later but came to the same conclusion. Eventually the priest was ready and they were all transported back to the battle goddess’s temple in the City. Here the child and his older sister were given food and a place to rest while their city kin were informed of their location. The PCs were debriefed by the high ups at the temple and then Knight and Mystic were excused to debrief their own superiors. They all agreed to meet back in a few days.

Once they got back together, they shared the info that they had gained. Apparently three forces have been detected to the north: a force of @2000 hobgoblins, a force of 1 to 2 hundred harpies and a force of @5000 goblins. All acting in some accord but making no real moves toward the city. The PCs also found out that these forces had taken three villages but it appeared that the inhabitants were not all slain. This is all highly unusual for these species (the organization and they sparing of others). Knight had further info in that a priest of the earth goddess was hiding out in one of the village temples. Rager has recently heard rumors that the city maybe hiring out mercenary bands and adventurers to harass and scout the force to the north while they decide on exactly what military action to take.

Game ended early here since I needed to get going early.

The player who runs Rager asked a good question and we didn’t have much time to consider an answer so I figured I would put it out here. He was wondering if the system could have a spell like a certain big name fantasy system’s Haste spell.
His character already has the extra attack option. Any thoughts?
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Session 32 Chapter Two

Post by dancross »

Yes, actually. It's in the book too:

Spell Name: Hasten
Power Source: Mystical
School: Wizardry
Effect: Augment
Range: Area
This spell speeds a creature in battle, allowing them
to attack faster and more accurately. Add the result
of the ability check to the target’s Reflexes (adding
to effective reaction time for initiative), and Speed
(for increased movement rate). Two separate casting
checks are required and the wizard must spend the
spell points accrued by each check.
StormPatriarch wrote:Session 32- All players present.

The player who runs Rager asked a good question and we didn’t have much time to consider an answer so I figured I would put it out here. He was wondering if the system could have a spell like a certain big name fantasy system’s Haste spell.
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

dancross wrote:Yes, actually. It's in the book too:

True but I think he is looking more towards the extra attack a around...
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

StormPatriarch wrote:
dancross wrote:Yes, actually. It's in the book too:

True but I think he is looking more towards the extra attack a around...
Perhaps you could create a variation of the spell that allows for the extra attack at a reduced die-rank, or only use Melee base rank?

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”