I only just now realized...

A forum dedicated to our new line of officially licensed Call of Cthulhu adventure modules.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Golgothmog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

I only just now realized...

Post by Golgothmog »

... that Age of Cthulhu adventures are for Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu! DOH!
Up until just moments ago I'd been assuming they were either D20 or some other system of their own. Not that it should matter, I steal ideas from Trail of Cthulhu adventures all the time, but my assumptions had me thinking they were class/level setups and inherently more 'high fantasy' flavored than I'd like (less madness and death, more Lumleyesque 'sixguns against Cthulhu').
Now that I've read a few reviews they sound quite solid and NOT overtly nerfed from what I'd want from a CoC adventure.
I already love DCC... so I'm quite happy to discover a bunch of new CoC fodder by some of the same authors.

They're numbered but it doesn't seem they're interconnected... can be run in any order... is that true?
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Tabletop Games and 31st Century Games

Re: I only just now realized...

Post by JonHook »

You are correct, Golgothmog; the Age of Cthulhu adventures are numbered, (much like the DCC adventures are numbered), but so far each adventure is a stand-alone module. If a Keeper wants to string two or more together into a campaign, it will be up to that individual Keeper to design the threads that connect them. And they can be in any order the Keeper so wishes them to be.

And, as for your epiphany, yes... all of the Age of Cthulhu adventures are written using Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu rules. They are officially licensed adventures for Chaosium's rules. Also, as far as I know, the Age of Cthulhu line of adventures will continue to be written for Call of Cthulhu's 6th edition rules.

And thanks for checking out the Age of Cthulhu line!
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: I only just now realized...

Post by finarvyn »

By the way, I think that the Age of Cthulhu adventures are better written than pretty much any other CoC adventures I've seen so far.

Just throwing it out there...
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “Age of Cthulhu”