DCC preorder : international shipping ?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: DCC preorder : international shipping ?

Post by Thane »

I think I am going to wait for the standard format to arrive at leisuregames or gameslore.
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". ~ Voltaire
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

Thane wrote:I think I am going to wait for the standard format to arrive at leisuregames or gameslore.
Leisure Game just wrote back to me today with the following;

"It looks like they will be able to get this for us. So, let us know if you would like to go ahead with it."

Unfortunately, I've already ordered direct from GG, but you could pursue Leisure Games to get the pre-order deal for you.
Avatar by Stefan Poag (I now own the original!)
abk108
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by abk108 »

Spoofer wrote:I had a bit of a hard time too but I just did it. :D You need to follow the correct link (see ealier post). You will know you are in the correct place if the shipping cost does not have a drop down menu for choosing countries beside it.

Also, the first time I was buying DCC RPG but it did not say "includes DCC66.5 with pre-order" even though the item number () was the same. I doubt it makes a difference but my luck stat right now is 4 (My gods and I disagree on a few things) so I did not want to push it.

K.
I just tried for the 20th time today. I clicked on the second link, "added to cart" DCC RPG, and the pop-up window already presented two items (with the same number : Item # GMG5070) for 39.99$ EACH. The shipping cost was at 4$, but when I "checked out with PayPal", and logged into PayPal, it automatically detected my address, I guess, and the shipping cost was now 24$.

The total was two times (39.99 $) + 24$.

I will contact goodmangames directly. Thanks anyway :) to both you and Raskal that replied via PM ;)

EDIT : SOLVED

Apparently, using Google Chrome was at the root of the problem! I switched to IE and everything went fine!
Author of Arcanix RPG - fantasy medieval d6 system
learn more :
http://arcanixrpg.webs.com
Gunther Vielgesang
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Gunther Vielgesang »

I've pre-ordered DCCRPG and the Adventurer Starter (at $20 for shipping & handling, but I guess I'll have to live with that) and paid via PayPal. So far, only PayPal has confirmed the payment. I haven't heard from Goodman Games yet. Is this normal?

Best wishes

Gunther
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, it's normal. :) As long as you got the Paypal confirmation, we got your order. If you want to double-confirm, you can email Keith at keith (at) goodman-games.com with any questions.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
rabindranath72
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by rabindranath72 »

Woot! I placed the pre-order to UK and it cost me only £27 (the exchange rates really helped!!) Brilliant, thanks!! :D
Greifenklaue
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Greifenklaue »

Very cool, I just ordered two limited books for me and a friend!
Greifenklaue- German RPG blog with DCC (of course) and some interviews in English

German translation team for Pathfinder, LabLord, Mutant future and other great stuff.
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

I just ordered (another- the foil copy) DCC RPG Core book and ALL the modules available and the $4 shipping for each still holds. Having the modules shipped to NZ as they come is a bargain at $4 a pop! :)
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

And finally I pre-ordered it. $44 with shipping for it is really a good deal. One of my friends also pre-ordered, and it seems to me that a small DCC RPG fanbase is beginning to appear in Hungary. I'm going to run demos wherever and whenever I can, after I got the book.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

I checked the store again, and it seems the international shipping went up to $20. I pity those, who didn't pre-order.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Thane »

Ravenheart87 wrote:I checked the store again, and it seems the international shipping went up to $20. I pity those, who didn't pre-order.
That would be me then :|

Ah well.

So when's the earliest I can get the pdf and the hardback?
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". ~ Voltaire
Zdanman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Zdanman »

That would also be me. I just got the money for the DCC pre-order but I cannot bite the bullet of 20$ of shipping to Poland. A pity because I really wanted to pre-order and get the adventure too. Guess I will wait for it to be available via Nobleknight etc. Or maybe the great Goodman God can change this for last ditch 4$ shipping deal?
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Thane »

Zdanman wrote:That would also be me. I just got the money for the DCC pre-order but I cannot bite the bullet of 20$ of shipping to Poland. A pity because I really wanted to pre-order and get the adventure too. Guess I will wait for it to be available via Nobleknight etc. Or maybe the great Goodman God can change this for last ditch 4$ shipping deal?
Well, it would mean two more sales for definite. :~)
Zdanman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Zdanman »

Then I hope someone sees this thread and looks upon us with mercy. I would pre-order sooner but money was a bit of a problem. So great Goodman God any chances for this to happen?
Galadrin
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Galadrin »

Joe's a great guy, but I'm pretty sure the $16 dollars difference with shipping is basically the margin of profit Goodman Games makes on these books. It is kind of sad that they had to eat that cost, from a indie-publishing perspective.
Zdanman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Zdanman »

I totally understand the shift from 4$ to 20$ on international shipping but for some people it just kills the deal. I am not saying this has to happen but if the shipping was still 4$ I would order it now. That was I just cannot do that. Still being a student is hard :(
abk108
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by abk108 »

aaaaaargh CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PDF !!!

I'm checking three times a day whether it has been released!! :D
Author of Arcanix RPG - fantasy medieval d6 system
learn more :
http://arcanixrpg.webs.com

Return to “DCC RPG General”