Introductions Thread - Join the Band!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

DivineWannabe
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Gift of Games

Re: Introductions Thread - Join the Band!

Post by DivineWannabe »

Jim Skach wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:58 am
DivineWannabe wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:53 pm My name is Brent, and I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago.
I have been an RPG player for over 30 years, but just got introduced to DCC.
I love it! The flexibility and "rules light" flavor makes it my new game system of choice!
which northern suburbs?
Jim, I am in the Round Lake area. Not far from you.
The Divine Wannabe
Creative Purveyor of Brain Vomit
Recent Convert to DCC
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

DivineWannabe wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:14 pm
Jim Skach wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:58 am
DivineWannabe wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:53 pm My name is Brent, and I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago.
I have been an RPG player for over 30 years, but just got introduced to DCC.
I love it! The flexibility and "rules light" flavor makes it my new game system of choice!
which northern suburbs?
Jim, I am in the Round Lake area. Not far from you.
Yeah I have family that was in Round Lake for years before moving to Antioch.

I'm in the far southwest corner of Crystal Lake...probably a good 45 minutes from you. No place in close in the suburbs...
AMLopez
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: DragonFly Games

Post by AMLopez »

I am Aaron. I have been playing RPGs since 1978. I currently live in South Carolina where I started a gaming group (Gamecock City Adventurers) to help gamers in the area find others who are also interested in my favorite hobby! We are up to 128 members now! My group had predominantly a D&D only group as far as RPGs go, but we are slowly gaining interest in other systems, so I have just started a DCC game. We are beginning with The Portal Under the Stars, and then moving on to the Lankhmar setting.
“C'mon kid. Think a minute, even if it hurts.”
― Robert Lynn Asprin, Another Fine Myth
rredmond
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rredmond »

Welcome Aaron! Sounds like an incredible group.
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Looking for one that doesn't withhold games from customers.

Post by Bobjester »

Welcome Aaron! Best of luck with your group! I cannot envy you in South Carolina during the summer, I remember many hot, sweltering summer days when I was stationed in Charleston! Lovely city though, I hope that hasn't changed about it!
“The wounds received in battle bestow honor, they do not take it away...”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
TreverT
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Don't have one, sadly

Post by TreverT »

Hello all! Like so many others, I'm new here and new to DCC. I grew up on original D&D in the 70's and ran an ongoing campaign from about 1982 to 1998, but our group scattered across the country for work and I myself started my own business AND moved to France for years, so the result was that I haven't done anything D&D except play Baldur's Gate for about 22 years now.

BUT, the virus thing spurred some of our old friends and myself to see if we could manage gaming via Roll20, and I picked up DCC and fell in love, so we're currently in the middle of our very first 0-level adventure in Nebin Pendlebrook's Pantry, where I've scanned and uploaded all the maps, tokens, set up my first dynamic lighting, etc. It's all been a heck of a lot of fun so far.

About myself, I am a fulltime carver of high-end tobacco pipes done in exotic and fantasy-oriented styles and finishes (see my avatar) and yes, this is a real job - Been at it 22 years now and we sell via our website to collectors around the world, including a few gamers even.

I have two dumb newbie questions -

1) I see very little licensed DCC content on Roll20. I'm already assembling a nice module setup for Sour Spring Hollow for our next game. I assume Goodman doesn't want to license existing products on Roll20 but I'm curious, as I'd enjoy doing these "translations" a lot.

2) All through the 90's I used to do a lot of magazine and other art for small press mags and such. I may give this a shot again if anyone is interested. I tend to most enjoy pen & ink and it would be fun getting back into it again. I'll post some samples on the art board eventually, but here's a quick example:

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Welcome, TreverT!

Goodman Games has only just recently started rolling things out on VTTs, so there will be more Roll20 content to come...

I dig the art. You should certainly look into the Gongfarmer's Almanac, if you want to share art with the community... http://gongfarmersalmanac.com/
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
TreverT
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Don't have one, sadly

Post by TreverT »

GnomeBoy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:53 pm Welcome, TreverT!

Goodman Games has only just recently started rolling things out on VTTs, so there will be more Roll20 content to come...

I dig the art. You should certainly look into the Gongfarmer's Almanac, if you want to share art with the community... http://gongfarmersalmanac.com/
Thanks! I'll see what I can come up with. I think my first bits of DCC art are going to be for the module I'm porting to Roll20 right now, Sour Spring Hollow. Looking forward to really freaking out the group with that one... :twisted:
Gnomebreath
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Great escape

New to the message boards

Post by Gnomebreath »

Hey all! My name is Glen and my friends and I are producing an edited actual-play DCC podcast called Mighty Deeds! We're 18 episodes in, and I'd like to spread the word to the DCC community. So far we've run a funnel, The Old God's Return, Acting Up in Lankhmar, and a Warhammer adventure called Slaughter in Spittlefeld. New episodes drop every Tuesday.

Can anyone tell me the right thread to post updates for the podcast?
qstor
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: New to the message boards

Post by qstor »

Gnomebreath wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:56 pm Hey all! My name is Glen and my friends and I are producing an edited actual-play DCC podcast called Mighty Deeds! We're 18 episodes in, and I'd like to spread the word to the DCC community. So far we've run a funnel, The Old God's Return, Acting Up in Lankhmar, and a Warhammer adventure called Slaughter in Spittlefeld. New episodes drop every Tuesday.
Welcome!
"I waste it with my Hackmaster +12" Dave KODT

Twitter: @qstor2
caledoniaman
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Black Lion Games

Post by caledoniaman »

Late to the party as always......

Hey all. I'm Mark and I'm from just outside of Edinburgh in Scotland. Been playing DCC for a couple of years now. Have been fairly active in the community on Facebook and Discord but thought I'd do a reboot on my presence on these forums.

I run a small, friendly, charity RPG convention called AlbaCon, which Goodman Games and a huge number of people from this community were kind enough to wholeheartedly support in 2020. We're moving forward with planning for AlbaCon 2021.

Anyway, just dropping by to say "Hi" and hope to game with some of you soon.
Judge Mark
AlbaCon 2021 - 2nd/3rd October 2021 - https://albacon.co.uk/
Return of the Dungeon Master - https://returnofthedm.com/
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Hi Judge Mark! Look forward to rolling dice with you again!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
caledoniaman
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Black Lion Games

Post by caledoniaman »

Raven_Crowking wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:46 am Hi Judge Mark! Look forward to rolling dice with you again!
Absolutely Daniel. I've got one game submitted to Spawn of Cyclops Con at the moment and as you know, I'm running your adventure. I'm hoping to put in another session or two before the deadline although I'll be keeping an eye open for any games you are running :D
Judge Mark
AlbaCon 2021 - 2nd/3rd October 2021 - https://albacon.co.uk/
Return of the Dungeon Master - https://returnofthedm.com/
andalite5
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Games And Stuff

Post by andalite5 »

Hello!

My name is Andy, I've been a DM for about a decade, mostly 3.5 but more recently 5e and DCC.

Although I've only run a couple modules, I've already fallen in love with the system and am determined to get more involved with the community here :D
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Welcome Andy!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
dustle
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: The Twenty-Sided Store

Post by dustle »

I'm Dustin, and I live in Brooklyn. I played a few RPGs when I was really young (AD&D 2e, Marvel Super-Heroes RPG, Paranoia, Chill...), but I didn't start DMing until I was 14 and bought the Rules Cyclopedia. I've DMed off and on since then. These days I'm a high school teacher, and I help run an after-school RPG club once a week. I discovered DCC about eighteen months ago and have been running a PbP campaign on Discord for the past fifteen months. I love the system, and it's really got me more excited about roleplaying than I've been since I picked up the Rules Cyclopedia 30 years ago.
serendipitous
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by serendipitous »

Halloo, Dustin! :)
" ... the things I am going to say are true and I am a force for truth and goodness, dammit, and I will beat anyone unconscious if they say otherwise."
-- The Angry GM
Bidubo
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Bidubo »

Hello! I am John, 40 years old. I used to play several games of AD&D when I was in high school. And then adult life took me all over Europe because of work and finally because of this virus I could finally settled in my property in Spain here where I was stretch out my DM skills and now I am ready to be back. Nice to meet everybody! Cool that such forum is still around
Hi
gmlent
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Off The Wall Games

Post by gmlent »

Greetings! My name is Gregory Lent, and I am a longtime TTRPG player.

I started with Earthdawn in 1993 or so, then discovered AD&D the following year when I joined a friend's Dark Sun game. I started DMing with a Dragonlance campaign a few months later, and while I've played and run a ton of different games since my One True Love has always been D&D. I warmly embraced 3e when it came out, including 3.5, but soured on 4e and skipped it almost entirely. I started playing 5e during the playtest and didn't look back . . . at least for a while.

I Discovered DCC about two or three years ago when I came across the Core Rulebook in my FLGS, and I was hooked from the start. I'd been playing (and running) 5e for a few years and the bloat was really starting to wear on me, so DCC was a breath of fresh air. I'd also started running a D&D campaign with my then-6yo (now about to turn eight), first using the Basic Fantasy RPG then upgrading to the D&D Rules Cyclopedia, so I'd been bitten by the OSR bug hard anyway.

Long story short, we now play DCC and we both love it! Hopefully we can expand our group in the near future.

Shameless self-promotion: I'm also a small-time publisher with a handful of items up on DMSGuild and DrivethruRPG; mostly 5e stuff but I also wrote a module for Basic Fantasy. With any luck our first DCC material will be available within a year or so. You can check us out at mgshp.com if you're interested.
Last edited by gmlent on Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Bobjester »

Welcome to DCC forums Gregory, you and Wooly Rupert! :D
ElectricPaladin
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Games of Berkeley

Post by ElectricPaladin »

Hi everyone! My name is Mark, I'm a middle school science teacher in Northern California. My FLGS is Games of Berkeley. I love all kinds of RPGs. Dungeons & Dragons or any other fantasy adventure game? Fantastic! Serious World of Darkness stuff? I'd love to! Obscure indie story game about feelings? That sounds great, let me check my calendar! I haven't actually played or run any DCC yet, but I'm in the process of trying to get an online group together.

Making dungeon maps is my doodle of choice to keep myself sane when I'm stuck in a stupid meeting. Since I'm a teacher, that happens a lot.
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Bobjester »

Welcome Electric Paladin & good luck with forming your own band! :)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Welcome!
SoBH pbp:

qstor
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by qstor »

Been posting here a while. Never said hello :)

HELLO!
"I waste it with my Hackmaster +12" Dave KODT

Twitter: @qstor2
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Hello!
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “DCC RPG General”