Aereth Repritnt? PLEASE?!?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

fanditch
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Aereth Repritnt? PLEASE?!?

Post by fanditch »

Do the Good Folks at Goodman Games have any plans for reprinting a guide to Aereth? I Don't have enough bones to bid on a used copy of DCC 35, and a nice setting book or box would be great. (Sorry if this has already been covered.) New to DCC RPG....and loving it!
Colin

Re: Aereth Repritnt? PLEASE?!?

Post by Colin »

Joseph has said such a thing might be done down the road, but a straight reprint wouldn't be appropriate in my opinion, as DCC is very different in background, feel, and approach to standard D&D. A DCCified Aereth would be cool though, one more in-keeping with the weird fantasy vibe DCC has.

Colin
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Aereth Repritnt? PLEASE?!?

Post by finarvyn »

Yeah, it's a little awkward having all this great product out there which isn't compatible with the current DCC RPG product line. And it's not just a matter of re-printing everything with new stat blocks, because the DCC RPG has gone out of its way to bring in a new style of atmosphere, artwork, etc, which isn't present in the older products. To redo everything the right way would actually require quite a lot of work. :(
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “DCC RPG General”