Magic weapons and Items for your game

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Deadhorse
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Games Shoppe

Magic weapons and Items for your game

Post by Deadhorse »

I designed these years ago, putting them out to the community to use as you see fit.

None are fully written up but should have enough for a Judge to run with...

Magic Weapons

1. Yakeshcah, blade of fright. 3 times a week the wielder may cast fear on an opponent struck.

2. Sea Foam, blade of the seas. 3 times a week the owner may cast water breathing and 3 times a week the owner may cast water walking. The owner may use those powers on themselves at will.

3. Ixat, bearded axe. 3 times a day the owner may summon a mount. The mount summoned will remain for up to 4 hours.

4. Corpse Duster, mace. A successful strike causes corporeal undead to save vs. disintegration.

5. Shadow Black, dagger 3 times a week may cast darkness.

6. Glare, a shield enchanted to cause foes faced with it to blink, wink and eyes to water. This gives a bonus to armor class to the wielder.

7. Blazer, a woodsmans bow (long bow) adds +50% movement speed to wielder but causes them to eat twice as much a week.

8. Bee,Hind,ewe. dagger with a rough outline of a bee a hind and a ewe. 3 times a week the owner may dimension door directly behind a foe of choice.

9. Benefactor, mace of blessings. Anyone kneeling in reverence before the wielder and kissing his hand will gain a +1 to hit for hour. The wilder may endow this blessing a number of times a day equal to his level.

10. Fotahn, blade of the lawful order. This blade is a signature weapon to a long faded knightly order. On a natural strike of a 20 the blade will sever the weapon arm of its opponent.

11. Hammerfall, A dwarven blade of fine craftsmanship. The blade carries its name in dwarf runes. On a natural strike of a 19 or 20 the blade will knock an opponent to the ground (save vs. STR).

12. Harsh, Gnomish crafted dagger. A successful strike from this weapon causes bleeding from the wound for 1 point a round, for a number of rounds equal to the wielders level.

13. Ram bow, This weapon appears to be fashioned of horn from a ram. The weapon will always have an arrow nocked and ready when its owner reaches for the string. (+2 to initiative)

14. Ashe, bow. Three times a week the owner may call out “rain on my foes” this causes a hail of arrows to land in a spot decided by the owner. The hail of arrows hit in a 20 foot radius of that point causing 4d6 damage. (save for half, dex).

15. Alfred, a plain blade with rectangular guard and pommel, the blade is etched in runes spelling its name. A potent magic infuses this blade. The first humanoid creature killed by a new owner will animate and seek the wielder out. The zombie thus created appears at midnight the day it was killed. The corpse will perform any menial assignment from polishing armor to cleaning to dishes, as long it is a task one would assign to butler or manservant. The servant created will not spring traps open doors or in any way aid in dungeoneering enterprises. If the wielder unknowingly kills its butler the body will again reform animate and return on the following midnight. The servant thus created will not travel further then 100 yards of the swords owner. And will unerringly appear every midnight if left behind.

16. Sacrifice, the blade of this sword has an odd blood groove. To activate its magic the owner must spill his own blood onto the blade. Every hit point up to 5 a day will endow it with pluses to hit equal to the blood points spilt. The damage caused by this act will only heal at a rate of 1 point per day.

17. Smolder, the singeing blade. When wielded in combat the blade heats and smokes like a branding iron. Wounds caused by this weapon will not regenerate.

18. Zebellae, (elvish for rainbow) the name is carved on the hand grip of this exquisite dagger. The weapon will upon command shed any color of light the wielder desires.

19. Thompson, throwing dagger. On a successful hit a duplicate will appear in its owners hand to be thrown next round, this cloning will continue until the thrower misses. Duplicate knives vanish after the combat.

20. Heel Jack, sword with a spiked pommel. On command it will dance and fight foes as directed by its owner.

21. No, cursed dagger. Anyone holding this weapon and preparing to strike from surprise will cause the blade to yell out “NO you will not stab them in the back in such a cowardly fashion!”

22. Day Bringer, Bow shoots arrows of light, bane vs undead +1d6 damage.
Last edited by Deadhorse on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deadhorse
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Magic weapons for your game

Post by Deadhorse »

Posting home made magic items to my blog. 4 up today. please use as needed in your games.
Link https://nwaepa.blogspot.com/
Deadhorse
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Magic weapons and Items for your game

Post by Deadhorse »

% additional items posted on blog today
Deadhorse
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Deadhorse »

3 additional items posted today. hope you all enjoy.
Deadhorse
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Deadhorse »

Continuing to share items i have created for my DCC campaign. 4 new items posted today.
Deadhorse
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Deadhorse »

Continuing to share magic items i have created. use em or be inspired by them.
https://nwaepa.blogspot.com/
Deadhorse
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Deadhorse »

Another update today, all three of these items came from an MCC/DCC cross over game i ran over the winter.
serendipitous
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by serendipitous »

Thanks!
" ... the things I am going to say are true and I am a force for truth and goodness, dammit, and I will beat anyone unconscious if they say otherwise."
-- The Angry GM

Return to “DCC RPG General”