DCC Day 2021 Adventure Pack

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

dkabq
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Ettin Games

DCC Day 2021 Adventure Pack

Post by dkabq »

Am I correct in assuming that the DCC Day 2021 Adventure Pack is only available at your participating FLGS. And that if there isn't one near-by (closest one to me is 8 hr one-way) then it sucks to be me?
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Looking for one that doesn't withhold games from customers.

Re: DCC Day 2021 Adventure Pack

Post by Bobjester »

8 hours away? I thought where I lived was pretty bad for FLGS.

My FLGS is neither local, nor particularly friendly anymore.

It is one store in a chain of 4 stores in the SW-central part of the state I live in, and the owner operates the one store a good 2-1/2 to 3 hours away from me. There is a store only 2 hours away in the town I used to live in, but their customer service has slowly gone downhill in the last several years due to poor management.

I will be in that store on Saturday, June 26th for other reasons, but that I will be here for DCC day is entirely coincidental. I hope they are actually participating, along with the mother-store. When I found out that the 26th is DCC day, I talked my friends into playing for the first time.

The mother-store is listed on GG site as participating, but I am reluctant to drive an extra hour in this heat for it.
“The wounds received in battle bestow honor, they do not take it away...”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

There will be a limited number of the 2021 Adventure Pack and the Beneath the Well of Brass modules available in the GG online store. Whether those will show up on the Day or sometime after, I do not know...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Bobjester »

I got the goods! Very happy to see that this store is participating, although I've heard rumors of other DCC players, I have yet to meet one outside of my gaming group.

I got the Level 0 adventure "Beneath the Well of Brass", and the Adventure Pack DCC Day 2021, and the $5 quick start rules with the same two adventures as last time and the same "Blessing" spell typo as the last quick start rules I got (the black cover with gold lettering & horned skull).

Other than the Blessing typo being carried over to the next QS rules, and it now costs $5 instead of free, I am very happy with it all!
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

The Quickstarts were all printed at the same time -- generally speaking, GG blows through a ton of those, most of them offered for free.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Bobjester »

GnomeBoy wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:14 am The Quickstarts were all printed at the same time -- generally speaking, GG blows through a ton of those, most of them offered for free.
Only the covers were different on the black & gold version and the one released yesterday. The interiors are identical.

I actually don't mind that they're identical (with the exception of the Blessing error) since I now have enough for me to use as DM and two other copies for players. If I run "The Portal Under the Stars" and "The Legend of the Silver Skull" then I won't have to worry about players (who've played them) accidentally looking at the adventures.

I trust my players not to look at adventures before playing them, since the majority of them don't want to ruin the surprises as they play. That said, I loaned the black & gold cover QS to a player so he can familiarize himself with the rules.

It was a long weekend, and we all got the itis from smoking & eating two racks of St. Louis ribs. It nearly put us into a food coma as we were playing. Next weekend, no ribs, no itis, pull out all stops for a 4th of July weekend of Dungeon Crawl Classics and finish Beneath the Well of Brass! 8)
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Bobjester wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:24 pm Only the covers were different on the black & gold version and the one released yesterday. The interiors are identical.
Exactly right, except that it wasn't "released" for DCC Day, but has been out for awhile (just as long as the Skull version). There was a print run that was part Sanjulian and part Skull. Covid restrictions may be limiting where they are showing up, but it's the same run.

Ah, the glories of food and gaming... :D

AMLopez
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: DragonFly Games

Post by AMLopez »

I have asked my FLGS to sign up for DCC Day on several occasions and they have not done so. (They do carry DCC products, and I have been running a Bi-Weekly DCC game there for just about a year now.)

None of the stores within a 2-3 hr drive participate in DCC Days that I know of. Is there an option to get the material and run it as a gaming group rather than an FLGS? (My gaming group has nearly 130 members)
“C'mon kid. Think a minute, even if it hurts.”
― Robert Lynn Asprin, Another Fine Myth
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Is it possible that if enough people put up money up-front for the module, they'd buy in the DCC Day Kit? Maybe two or three folks in your gaming group making that commitment would be enough to push them over the edge and jump in...?

AMLopez
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: DragonFly Games

Post by AMLopez »

GnomeBoy wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:03 pm Is it possible that if enough people put up money up-front for the module, they'd buy in the DCC Day Kit? Maybe two or three folks in your gaming group making that commitment would be enough to push them over the edge and jump in...?
Heck.. if that was an option, I'd pay for it myself!

(Is it an option?)
“C'mon kid. Think a minute, even if it hurts.”
― Robert Lynn Asprin, Another Fine Myth
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Bobjester »

Looks like they're sold out of the DCC Day kits. :(
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

AMLopez wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:23 pm
GnomeBoy wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:03 pm Is it possible that if enough people put up money up-front for the module, they'd buy in the DCC Day Kit? Maybe two or three folks in your gaming group making that commitment would be enough to push them over the edge and jump in...?
Heck.. if that was an option, I'd pay for it myself!

(Is it an option?)
That'd be between you and your FLGS...! :wink:

Return to “DCC RPG General”