Monsters & Encounters

FORUM LOCKED AS OF 4/3/12. Any feedback that doesn't fit into the categories above.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Evan
Gongfarmer

Monsters & Encounters

Post by Evan »

I understand the desire to have unique monsters in different areas of a campaign world, but I'd really like to have some kind of guidelines for setting up random encounter tables or dungeon stocking. I have access to other D&D material, so it isn't that big of a deal but I'd rather like to see it in the final DCC product.
talmor
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Monsters & Encounters

Post by talmor »

I hope so--seems silly to require possession of (or at least in-depth knowledge of) another game to play this one.

I'd also like to see a basic dungeon/setting information in the final product.

Of course, I'd also like to see an "Judges Guide" come out eventually with even more patrons, monsters, random dungeon tables, and the like. But I'm a dreamer in that way...
jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

I suspect there will be third party patrons (as odd as that sounds).

The OP might want to bring up his point in the "Target" thread in the "Other" forum.
geordie racer
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by geordie racer »

talmor wrote:Of course, I'd also like to see an "Judges Guide" come out eventually with even more patrons, monsters, random dungeon tables, and the like. But I'm a dreamer in that way...
You could always write one... :wink:
Sean Wills
talmor
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by talmor »

geordie racer wrote:
talmor wrote:You could always write one... :wink:
Thank you for assuming I have the necessary talent, skill, knowledge, or competence to do such a thing. :)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The final rules document has a lot more information on monsters, encounters, and patrons. There is a fairly length section of the rules related to "making monsters unique" - including not just suggestions but lots of inspirational tables.

But all of us were pressured to edit and lay out as much as we did in time for the beta release date. It just couldn't all fit in to the beta!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

There's no reason why you couldn't have additional "beta" supplements. The spells certainly need playtesting.

Return to “Playtest Feedback: Other”