"Portal Under The Stars" for 0-level quirk

FORUM LOCKED AS OF 4/3/12. Any feedback that doesn't fit into the categories above.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

"Portal Under The Stars" for 0-level quirk

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

Hey there,

Not sure if there's some quirkiness in the writing of the DCC Starter Adventure or my misunderstanding the 0-levels rules.

The PutS module opens with that it should be played with "15-20 0-level characters". Assuming we rollup a clan of characters for this and then enter the first encounter it says that he lock "...DC 15 Pick Lock check for a thief". I'm assuming that at 0-level you cannot have your classes yet and therefore there should be no thieves in the party? Is this writing in there just in case you come back and play at level-1?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: "Portal Under The Stars" for 0-level quirk

Post by goodmangames »

ThickSkullAdv wrote:The PutS module opens with that it should be played with "15-20 0-level characters". Assuming we rollup a clan of characters for this and then enter the first encounter it says that he lock "...DC 15 Pick Lock check for a thief". I'm assuming that at 0-level you cannot have your classes yet and therefore there should be no thieves in the party? Is this writing in there just in case you come back and play at level-1?
That reference is in the module in the event that someone wants to play it with level 1 characters. You are correct that level 0 characters wouldn't have thieves in the party.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “Playtest Feedback: Other”