My play test last night

FORUM LOCKED AS OF 4/3/12. Forum for posting of actual play of DCC RPG. Not necessarily rules questions/discussion, but the saga of your adventures and campaigns, details of adventures that played particularly well (or not), and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

brogan_a
Far-Sighted Wanderer

My play test last night

Post by brogan_a »

I had my group that played the RPG day module play another round using 3rd level characters. Some observations... Do Dwarfs get any movement considerations when using heavier armor? I know this has been a benefit in past editions of D&D. The Dwarf player was complaining a lot because he had a 15' move with his armor on.
The Cleric could not roll at all last night thus putting many negative spell checks against his lay on hands. We were in a dungeon that had a lot of Silver ore laying around so he was able to sacrifice some to get back some spell checks, how is this mechanic supposed to work? Does the magic item or gold just disappear when giving to the deity, or do you need to actually carry it out to a church somewhere to give it away? To me when you are in the thick of a dungeon is when you need to get the god's blessing and not afterward when you have had time to rest. Oh, the cleric did manage to roll a 20 on a turn attempt, is there some type of crit turn table?
All in all the night was fun, It was interesting to actually play for 5 hours with the characters in a real module to see how things work.

I still believe that magic is far too powerful at lower levels, the magic missile spell is just crazy good.

- Andy Brogan
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: My play test last night

Post by smathis »

brogan_a wrote:I still believe that magic is far too powerful at lower levels, the magic missile spell is just crazy good.

- Andy Brogan
+d7. Sleep too.

Return to “Actual Play Reports”