The Gold Claw Adventuring Club's Playtesting

FORUM LOCKED AS OF 4/3/12. Forum for posting of actual play of DCC RPG. Not necessarily rules questions/discussion, but the saga of your adventures and campaigns, details of adventures that played particularly well (or not), and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Hatch
Far-Sighted Wanderer

The Gold Claw Adventuring Club's Playtesting

Post by Hatch »

Ok we have had two session so far and I am running them in a converted Game of DCC #0 Legends are made and not born and DCC #13 The Transmuter’s Last Touch. We Have a lot of fun so far with two sessions down and a third one on it's way. The last game was on July 3rd and we had a TPK.

We have 4-5 players in the game so far.

(spoiler) In The Transmuter's Last Touch they were going down a long stair well, about 80 feet down. Nathan’s Funnels where leading the way when they reached the 2nd landing about halfway down the stairwell. The floor gives way and metal hooks spring out of the sides of the corridor, and everyone gets caught by the hooks killing the thief lvl1 (Charles) and the three funnels (Nathan). The wizard lvl1 (Jason), and fighter lvl1 (Trina) are alive. The wizard gets off and frees the thief and luckily after flipping him over he has 1 hp. The Fighter tries to get save Nathans three funnel characters by accidently in dismembering them trying to get them off hooks. Once a path is open down the wizard and thief slide down and both lose control and the thief cracks his head open on the way down. Luckily after he is flipped over his is still alive. The Fighter then slides down (Forgetting her sword). and the party is then skewered with crossbow bolts by the waiting Krobolds(this is what the party called the kobolds) killing them all. It was complete silence for a second and then we laughed for good long time. For me if felt like i was in 9th grade again (1983) when in a game well all died by the hands of goblins in the 1st room in a dungeon.
Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO

Re: The Gold Claw Adventuring Club's Playtesting

Post by Black Dougal »

Hatch wrote:It was complete silence for a second and then we laughed for good long time. For me if felt like i was in 9th grade again (1983) when in a game well all died by the hands of goblins in the 1st room in a dungeon.
This is great. I am glad that a TPK elicited this response. :D This is the spirit in which I think the game should be played.

I hope that once the laughter died down that your players were asking "So, can we get some new character sheets?"
"The Black Dougal" (formerly known as dkeester) -- DCCRPG Fan Boy since 2010
DCCRPG PC Death Toll: 25

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012
Member: The DCC Expendables (Denver, CO)

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh

Return to “Actual Play Reports”