Map of the Northlands of Aereth, the DCC Known Realms

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

James Mishler
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Map of the Northlands of Aereth, the DCC Known Realms

Post by James Mishler »

Back in early 2018 I started working on a campaign for the Known Realms of Aereth, the campaign setting for the original 3E Dungeon Crawl Classics line. Being me, of course, the first thing I had to do was set up a Hexographer map of the Northlands; nine maps, each hex 25 miles across, covering pretty much the entire Northlands except for the northernmost wastelands and Punjar (which really is part of the Lostlands, anyway).

As is normal with my life, other things got in the way of completion, and I moved on to other campaigns. However, the maps have still been sitting there, not complete but mostly complete, and now and again I've been thinking of them and what I can do with them.

Would anyone be interested in seeing these maps completed? Along with a Wilderlands-style run-down of major cities, towns, castles, citadels, ruins, islands, and lairs? Each of the nine maps would be sold separately with a gazetteer (under license from Goodman Games, of course).

I have a small, stitched-together version of the first draft of the nine maps on my blog (CLICK HERE). Each of the nine maps has since been worked over more, with more details and corrections between the stitching areas, so this is merely a rough draft.

Let me know what you think...
James Mishler
Personal Gameblog: http://adventuresingaming2.blogspot.com
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Map of the Northlands of Aereth, the DCC Known Realms

Post by Ravenheart87 »

If there is one thing DCC RPG needs is some grand scale sandbox campaign setting. So sure, why not.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Yakov38M
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: none so far, RPGs aren't common where I live

Post by Yakov38M »

So, if I get things right, you'll come up with most of the locations, you're not going to centralise and "publish" things mentioned in the original content of the game?

I know it's not the most "northern" thing ever, but if you manage to do at least one or two locations with things like these castles in Italy, it'd be awesome; South European medieval architecture doesn't get enough recognition, while everyone and their mother does Middle Ages English or Gothic style castles and architecture.
Gizrond
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Gizrond »

I was just asking about something like this in another thread.

I think it would be awesome.
PT76_234
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Guild Gaming

Post by PT76_234 »

This is really cool. I generally use the region around the Warlands from the Known Realms as my default setting for DCC modules I run. I sometimes allude to issues in the region, and I may set one of my homebrew modules in one of the cities there. The Northlands reminds me of many parts of the Flanness in the Greyhawk setting.

Thanks for Sharing!

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”