Persecution Complex RPG

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Jesse
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Funagain Games

Persecution Complex RPG

Post by Jesse »

In a futuristic totalitarian society
regular citizens are conscripted
to hunt mutants and dissidents
in a trial-by-combat ritual
known as Jury Duty.

My pandemic passion project, a Paranoia-inspired dystopian sci-fi game using DCC mechanics, is on the backburner now that I have a job. But rather than let it languish, I will share the finished part: the rulebook, with some great art by Rob Rawr.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rn2 ... sp=sharing

Also known as "Jury Duty" and "Zetaplex Justice" for the online gaming conferences, I want to thank everyone who played at Cyclops Con 2020, DCC Days Online 2020, GenCon Online 2020, Spawn of Cyclops Con 2021, DCC Day Online 2021, and GenCon Online 2021.

Not included are my two scenarios, Mister Mutant and Commie Pavilion, but I have art and maps from Rob and will eventually get around to finishing them.

In the meantime, who is interested in playing or running a gonzo bloodbath where the characters are incentivized to kill each other? Is anyone else feeling the vibe between DCC and Paranoia?
Father Goose
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: N/A

Re: Persecution Complex RPG

Post by Father Goose »

That's a very cool concept, thank you for sharing.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Jesse wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:42 amIs anyone else feeling the vibe between DCC and Paranoia?
Not until you shared this, but now that I've seen the light I can see the connection. Nice work, and thanks for posting it! 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Feirsteax
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Feirsteax »

I absolutely am feeling that vibe, and it feels pretty good. Would love to try this! Thank you for sharing! 🤖

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”