summon / conjure elemental

Discussion of all things magical for DCC RPG -- "Let the Phlogiston take you where it will..."

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

summon / conjure elemental

Post by BaophraT »

Hello,

In the monsters and creatures section, it is written that an elemental can be summoned or conjured by a mage with the appropriate spell (p 411). I don't see any details of this spell in the core book, would you have any information about this ? Moreover, it seems that this spell is reserved for mages, logically, a cleric worshipping an elemental god could probably have access to it.
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !
thogard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: summon / conjure elemental

Post by thogard »

There's no such core spell. I'd think the spellcheck results for Demon Summoning could be adapted pretty easily. There are also Raise Elemental and Command Elemental spells in the Empire of the East setting book, though the flavor's a bit different.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

IMO FWIW DIY FTW YMMV
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by BaophraT »

Thank you ! I was just asking if this was virgin creative ground... I enjoy the exercise of creating in DCC (spells, gods, patrons) but it requires a lot of time (I'm slow and like to tweak my stuff). So I sometimes look at what has already been done to get ideas.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

baophrat wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:13 am Thank you ! I was just asking if this was virgin creative ground... I enjoy the exercise of creating in DCC (spells, gods, patrons) but it requires a lot of time (I'm slow and like to tweak my stuff). So I sometimes look at what has already been done to get ideas.
If you have Empire of the East, there is some creative Elemental stuff therein.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by BaophraT »

After a short research, I saw that the series Empire of the East has not been translated into French (nor into Breton), too bad ! Another inspiring read that I won't have access to...
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Looking for one that doesn't withhold games from customers.

Post by Bobjester »

I took a quick look at Ithha, Prince of Elemental Wind on page 356.

The Invoke Patron results 30-31 and 32+ allows the caster to summon elementals. Ithha is the Prince of Elemental Wind, but using this table, you could DIY other elemental lord type patrons, or DIY summon elementals as Dogard suggested above with demons.
“The wounds received in battle bestow honor, they do not take it away...”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by BaophraT »

The Invoke Patron results 30-31 and 32+ allows the caster to summon elementals. Ithha is the Prince of Elemental Wind, but using this table, you could DIY other elemental lord type patrons, or DIY summon elementals as Dogard suggested above with demons.
Thank you for this information, I will look into developing a spell of this type soon.

It's also quite frustrating not to be able to submit my various creations to your expert eyes because my level of English does not allow me to write in the common language... So don't hesitate to let me know if you know, on this forum or elsewhere, judges (or players) able to understand Breton or French !

Return to “Magic and Spells”