Expanded Equipment List?

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Clangador
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Expanded Equipment List?

Post by Clangador »

Hes anyone tinkered with an expanded equipment list for DCC? Thoughts?
~Clangador

I'm not a wizard but I play one in DCC...

Join the DCC RPG Rocks Facebook group.
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Expanded Equipment List?

Post by Crimsontree »

I use the extra items found in the Crawl fanzine.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Crawl! #2 has expanded items lists by Colin Chapman.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Crimsontree wrote:I use the extra items found in the Crawl fanzine.
+1
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Bizarrely enough, I also use the expanded equipment and weapons entries from Crawl #2. ;)

Colin
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

Colin wrote:Bizarrely enough, I also use the expanded equipment and weapons entries from Crawl #2. ;)

Colin
Sheep! ;)
Colin

Post by Colin »

Crimsontree wrote:Sheep! ;)

Damn right! Baaaaaadass!

(sheep pic by Vaghauk, used without permission.)
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

I use Crawl and a stack of Player's Handbooks/Basic/Expert Sets... But that's just me.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Colin won the thread. Dude on picture looks like someone who survived a specific well in a well-known DCC RPG module.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
imperialus
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Sentry Box

Post by imperialus »

I use Crawl #2, but I also use Grain into Gold for my overall economy.
Flexi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Flexi »

That's gotta be the most terrifying ram-man (or is that raman?) that I have ever seen!

Me, I use equpment lists from just about any source, Fantasy Craft, B/X-BECMI, ACKS, whatever I can lay my paws upon.
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

As a rule of thumb I use Crawl! along with the base rulebook. But lately I have been toying around with using different ODD and variant material for new areas and towns visited. So, the prices are a little off and availability varies. Heck, I might even go with a silver based area (similar to lotfp) cutoff from the usual currencies. Of course, the players will find themselves with a pocket full of copper once they get there hah :twisted:

Maybe it's just a shameless attempt at using my old books for something :)
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

Where my PCs evolve, there are no items available anywhere, so the question is moot :)
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
Galadrin
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Galadrin »

imperialus wrote:I use Crawl #2, but I also use Grain into Gold for my overall economy.
I checked out Grain into Gold, but I never really understood the supposed problems of medieval economies in fantasy settings. The reputed problems typically go:

1) If anyone can earn unimaginable wealth by dungeon-delving, why doesn't every peasant turn to adventuring? Well, they do. They are the bandits and opposing adventuring groups on the world. Of course, the true entrances to the mythic underworld are known by but few, so most fail at this task. Still, there are enough rare individuals that claw their way up from the darkness, covered in the blood of their compatriots and half-mad from the sights and sounds of the netherdeep to become the next feudal warlords to rule over the local barony. If OD&D is any indication (or Gary's later Yggsburgh, for that matter), the campaign map should be littered with minor castles and keeps of these unpredictable retired delvers. In fact, it's the existence of these would-be rulers that destabilizes the dynastic pattern of feudal kingdoms we see in medieval Europe. It's not about establishing your lineage—it's about keeping down new pretenders to the throne.

2) What happens to a local economy when the player characters bring back riches from the dungeon? I'd imagine that pouring money into the local economy would just see this wealth confiscated by the paranoid local baron (who would eventually give these troublemaking players the boot). Most of my players have been consummate horders, so I haven't had to give much thought to this.

3) What happens to a local economy and agriculture when magic is available? I never thought about magic (wizard or cleric) as functioning like an on-off switch as for a light bulb. Magic exists, but it requires great sacrifices. Magic was never about making people's lives easier for me—it was about making one guy powerful at the expense of others.

Return to “Judges' Forum”