New Podcast.

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: New Podcast.

Post by IronWolf »

silver wrote:Damn. Jeffrey beat me to the punch again.
I am sneaky fast like that! :D
AQuebman
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by AQuebman »

Any chance you can share what audio clips your using through your different sections of the podcast. Some of them I recognize and others I don't and i'd be interested to see what you have gathered for sound as some of them i'd also be interested in using in my PbP game in the future.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I notice that the site is down this morning & afternoon....revision for a new podcast, asks the hopeful addict?
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

Raven_Crowking wrote:I notice that the site is down this morning & afternoon....revision for a new podcast, asks the hopeful addict?
Well shoot! I have pinged out tech guy about the availability of the site.

As for the new episode. The plague has struck our podcast editor with OCD-like tendencies. I am fairly certain the edits are done and a final polish is being applied soon. The wait should not be too much longer! Despite the delay, folks won't want to miss this episode with a special guest!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to the new podcasts very much....I guess it didn't take you long to turn me into a junkie! :shock:

:lol:
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

The Spellburn crew invokes Harley Stroh for Episode 7! Don't miss this interview with Harley Stroh:

http://spellburn.com/2013/07/29/episode ... ley-stroh/
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Thank you guys for all of your kind words. Once more, an excellent podcast.
SoBH pbp:

DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

My email was used on episode 7! That really made my day.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

Episode 8 has been released!

This week on Spellburn, we invited a bonafide Dungeon Crawl Classics neophyte to the show to share his reviews, rants, and reservations about our favorite system. You know we love this game – we’re doing a podcast about it – but what about everyone’s favorite grumpy grognard from two of our sister podcasts, Save or Die! and THAC0’s Hammer? By special arrangement with Wild Games Productions and Mrs. Hallstrom, join our judges in welcoming our special guest for this episode, Glamorous Glen Hallstrom! Glen will share his new-to-the-sytem reviews, rants, and raves, as well as take a short trip through the character funnel live on-the-air.

http://spellburn.com/2013/08/10/episode ... challenge/
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

And Episode 9 has been released - the post Gen Con episode!

The Spellburners are finally recovered from Gen Con 2013, but our pain is your gain, because this week we’re discussing all the dungeon crawling news, noteworthy events, and even how we met Hugh the Barbarian, all at this years’ Gen Con. Plus we talk about Goodman Game’s upcoming slate of DCC RPG adventures, including a few written by one of our own – Judge Jobe!

http://spellburn.com/2013/09/08/episode ... -con-baby/
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

Just throwing my 2cp into the fold and saying how much I look forward to the new episodes when they get posted. Someday I will hit Garycon or Gencon to not only meet the Goodman crew to say thanks but many others such as you guys, RC, Thickskull, all of the Purples and everyone who has so far made DCC awesome and got this old fart back into role playing and is getting his this old fart's old 80's crew back together. We're not only joining the band, we are getting the original line up back. Thanks again.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

@Karaptis: I can't talk for anyone else, but for my part, you are very welcome. I didn't make it to GenCon either this year. If truth be told, I have not been to GenCon since the late 80s. Maybe next year.
SoBH pbp:

darjr
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by darjr »

Love the podcast! Thanks!

Looking forward to the spell dual exposition. Will there be a bit of podcasted play in that one?
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

darjr wrote:Love the podcast! Thanks!

Looking forward to the spell dual exposition. Will there be a bit of podcasted play in that one?
There will be some podcasted play in that one, focusing on the spell duel itself.
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

Episode 10 has been released! - Ep. 10 - Holier Than Thou

This week on Spellburn, we’re continuing our series of up-close-and-personal looks at individual character classes. Tonight, by popular listener request, we’re going to cover the cleric class, which in Dungeon Crawl Classics, is NOT your father’s d20 heal-bot. Second only to fighters and dwarves in raw melee power, this divine class casts spells without armor penalty, turns creatures of opposing alignment, and just generally kicks unholy ass.

http://spellburn.com/2013/09/25/episode ... an-thou-2/
NJPDX
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by NJPDX »

Just wanted to say I love your podcast. Always entertaining and you guys have a great rapport.
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

NJPDX wrote:Just wanted to say I love your podcast. Always entertaining and you guys have a great rapport.
Thanks! Glad you have enjoyed it so far! We have a lot of fun making them!
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

Episode 11 has been released! Ep. 11 - Spell Duelists – Fight!

Welcome to our greatest episode yet! Tonight we’re going to take a look at one of the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG’s defining game mechanics. When two wizards meet in a world where magic is wild, dangerous, and often barely understood by mere mortals, chaos quickly ensues. Two wizards go in, and only one wizard walks back out. Somebody’s going down. That’s right, with the help of very special guests Goodman Games writers Harley Stroh and Michael Curtis, we’re talking about the Spell Duel.

http://spellburn.com/2013/09/30/episode ... sts-fight/
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Tell Harley Stroh he forgot Sezrekan wasn't created for the DCC RPG; he first appears in Tower of the Black Pearl (by Harley Stroh, and which was recently converted to DCC RPG from 3.5 by myself).
SoBH pbp:

NJPDX
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by NJPDX »

Loved the spell-duel; definitely demystified it and made me feel more confident about refereeing it when it finally comes up.

P.s. Spellburn definitely needs more trash-talk in the future.

Return to “DCC RPG Community”