Sailors on the starless sea-Ludo Ergo Sum CON,Madrid (Spain)

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

josemasaga
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Sailors on the starless sea-Ludo Ergo Sum CON,Madrid (Spain)

Post by josemasaga »

Last september, on the 20th (that long ago already!), I ran another World Tour game, this time in the Ludo Ergo Sum CON (LES for short) in Alcorcón, Madrid (Spain). I could at last try what I think is the best funnel and one of the best DCC RPG adventures: Sailors on the starless sea. The LES are one of the most important CONs in Spain, and every year the number of attendees grows, as well as the number of roleplaying games played.

SPOILER ALERT!

Seven stalwart players (including two girls!) faced the ruined fortress, each of them playing with four survivors of the village. The assortment was very varied (I used the extraordinary Purple Sorcerer tools to create them), including a Tax collector who became on his own accord the leader of the rag-tag group.

After fighting the plant-zombies and losing a member of the party to the portcullis, they decided to get in the castle through the hidden tomb (discovered after they "used" a pig to unleash the avalanche). Nearly half of the party was burnt to a crisp when they opened the portal, but they could finally get in the dungeon under the fortress (plundering the corpse after many trial-and-error attempts).

A couple of them went into the pool and got the powerful ring (unfortunately, they didn't use it), and then all of them got on the ship... the tentacled leviathan killed three of them, and left them cross the starless sea while it feasted on the corpses.

At last, the brave villagers got to the ziggurat, and while some of them guarded the ship (ahem), the rest donned the cultist's robes found in the pool room, fooling the beastmen and reaching the summit just in time to save a soon-to-be sacrifice... the shaman fell into the fiery pit after trying to push one of the heroes (it botched the roll), and although two more villagers died, the chaos lord effigy was defeated.

Escaping from the crumbling ziggurat, the survivors boarded the ship, and were lost in the darkness when it went adrift because of the massive waves...

END OF SPOILERS

After the game, I gave away the presents that Goodman Games graciously send for the World Tour. Everyone loved the adventure and the game. It was a great session, full of laughs, camaraderie and funny remarks. Awesome players, all of them.
I'm a bookseller at Phlogiston books (Purveyor of fine wares for the Dungeon Crawl Classics Roleplaying Game since 2015 by appointment to Bobugbubilz) a division of Other Selves
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Sailors on the starless sea-Ludo Ergo Sum CON,Madrid (Sp

Post by Pesky »

Awesome job with the set pieces!
Terry Olson
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

This is amazing! (And so cool to see a DCC banner in the back right.)
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
michael828nc

Post by michael828nc »

These are awesome! Great job on both the set pieces and spreading the word!
Troy812
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Troy812 »

Wow, great job! Love it!

Return to “DCC RPG Community”