Endgame

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

dustle
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: The Twenty-Sided Store

Endgame

Post by dustle »

Exciting times today in my PbP that's been going for almost two years. My seven Players have reached the bottom of a megadungeon they've been in for six months and are dealing with terrible threat to the world that they learned about early on in their adventures. They recently recovered a magical weapon that they found and lost in the first adventure. Halfling at full Luck, their Warrior positioned himself to leap down on the mighty beast with the magic spear, succeeded on his Deed Die... and fumbled the attack roll! The others are scrambling trying to figure out what to do. We'll find out tomorrow!
serendipitous
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Endgame

Post by serendipitous »

dustle wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:09 pm Exciting times today in my PbP that's been going for almost two years. My seven Players have reached the bottom of a megadungeon they've been in for six months and are dealing with terrible threat to the world that they learned about early on in their adventures. They recently recovered a magical weapon that they found and lost in the first adventure. Halfling at full Luck, their Warrior positioned himself to leap down on the mighty beast with the magic spear, succeeded on his Deed Die... and fumbled the attack roll! The others are scrambling trying to figure out what to do. We'll find out tomorrow!
This sounds amazing! I can't believe they found a weapon they'd lost over a year ago ... really cool campaign. Can't help but hope the PCs come out on top of this one. :)
" ... the things I am going to say are true and I am a force for truth and goodness, dammit, and I will beat anyone unconscious if they say otherwise."
-- The Angry GM
dustle
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: The Twenty-Sided Store

Re: Endgame

Post by dustle »

Most of my Players (Warrior, Cleric, two Wizards, Thief, Dwarf, Halfling, and Elf) made it!

They were there in the bottom of this megadungeon to kill the larval form of a transtemporal dragon that gives birth to itself. The dungeon was built atop a Void pit, which is an opening into the Chaotic nothingness from before the Oith Mother brought Form to the world, and the dragon was within the pit. Twelve eyeless monks were gathered around it, chanting. My Players, assuming the monks were performing some ritual to release the dragon from the pit, slaughtered the monks pretty handily. Little did they realize the monks had actually been singing it a magical lullaby. That's when the Fighter fumbled with the magic spear of the upstart sun god (who killed the old sun god). Others attacked the dragon larva, whose cries attracted the attention of its mother (its own adult self from across time, which died hundreds of years earlier). The gold encrusted cavern with the pit started to collapse. The Thief--with his dancing sword, Flatley--used up all of his Luck and a good deal of Halfling Luck on top to kill the larval dragon. One Wizard spellburnt heavily and took on some more corruption to create a giant, breath-proof wall with Force Manipulation, but the adult dragon tore through the 300 points of damage it could withstand in half a turn. It impaled the weakened Wizard with a barbed tail. The Dwarf dropped the gold he'd gathered in order to grab the body and run. The Thief positioned himself between the Dwarf and the Dragon and got dropped by two claw attacks, but the other Wizard has a demon tooth that lets him unerringly teleport up to 100 feet, and he got the Thief to the exit. The Cleric and The Fighter also took some hits, but they lucked out on the damage rolls. Everyone is low on health and most are low on Luck. But they managed to befriend the Gorlab who guards the bridge to the Void pit cavern when they were on the way down, so maybe he'll have a place for them to rest and let the Cleric try to Lay on Hands for the Wizard and the Thief?

Return to “DCC RPG Community”