The Revelation of Mulmo PBP - WARNING SPOILERS

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: The Revelation of Mulmo PBP - WARNING SPOILERS

Post by Skyscraper »

Ok, Maledict moves downt he next staircase (ready to blow up traps on the way - and perhaps die of it).

nudge, nudge, Gnomeboy: play a thief? :)
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

There are hundreds of flies upon the cool marble walls of the room below. The area seems to have been a workshop, with tools of various sorts for working leather, as well as for casting brass and bronze. There is a heavy iron anvil near the wall, to the east, as well as a portable forge, tables, and benches. Many long, heavy bronze chains are stapled to the walls. The stairway continues downward.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:There are hundreds of flies upon the cool marble walls...
Is that 'flies' or 'files'? I don't know whether to be disgusted, or impressed. Or impgusted.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Flies. :twisted:

Indeed, there seems to be a bad smell rising up from below.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

(Gnomeboy, stop ignoring the thief question :) )

Maledict sees nothing of interest so he waits to see if the others want to search.

Brother Sufferus is indeed interested in searching the room for clues on what the person living here made here. Notes are of particular interest for him, as long as he can read them :) He looks around without going into a thorough search, but he opens drawers if there are some, and generally tries to see if anythign stands out by walking around and lifting this object or that to see if anything is underneath.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

(Are we needing a back-up Thief? Where would a new Thief come from...?)

Yoros is inclined to continue downwards. The Dwarf is not getting any lighter. :lol:

Checking for another gossamer tentacled something lurking above the stairs again, he steps carefully onto the steps down...
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

GnomeBoy wrote:(Are we needing a back-up Thief? Where would a new Thief come from...?)
Fred Polymorphed?

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Skyscraper wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:(Are we needing a back-up Thief? Where would a new Thief come from...?)
Fred Polymorphed?
(oh -- did he drop out and I missed it? ...maybe we need the stats for all the characters, so we can collectively run them if the player is awol for a few days...)

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

GnomeBoy wrote:
Skyscraper wrote:
Fred Polymorphed?
(oh -- did he drop out and I missed it? ...maybe we need the stats for all the characters, so we can collectively run them if the player is awol for a few days...)
His last post is dated Feb 28. He did not adivse he was going to be absent. I have not noticed any other post from him on the server (though I might have missed somes?). My assumption is that he left the game, as sometimes happens in online games.

We can wait some more, but I fee that a thief would be an interesting addition to our team :)

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Okay. So, Raven -- how can we handle 'bringing in' a Thief? Can I just make a Thief character, and we can 'say' it's 'Fred/the Thief that was here'?

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Also, what is it about Sky and I that scares off other players...? :wink:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

(*smells armpit* maybe i should wash more often)

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

There is no sign of any living creature, save the flies. From the cogs and gears, it appears that whoever worked here created parts from brass to repair the telescope and machinery at the top of the tower. Some of the tools, though, are of iron or steel, and there are chains and leg "irons" of brass that indicate whoever performed the labour did not do so out of a sense of loyalty or duty.
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

(It's RC who' now dodging the thief question :) )

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

General rules apply: If someone suggests a course of action, and no objection is made in a reasonable time, that course of action is attempted, even if it means someone directs someone else's character to do something.
SoBH pbp:

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:General rules apply: If someone suggests a course of action, and no objection is made in a reasonable time, that course of action is attempted, even if it means someone directs someone else's character to do something.
Does this mean you have stats for Fred, and we can just remote control him...?

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

GnomeBoy wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:General rules apply: If someone suggests a course of action, and no objection is made in a reasonable time, that course of action is attempted, even if it means someone directs someone else's character to do something.
Does this mean you have stats for Fred, and we can just remote control him...?
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... o&start=25
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Since Fred's player is apparently not active anymore, I was looking at this more in a macroscopic "should we include a 4th PC to our group" view. Not in a "does Fred do this or that" view.

I don't mind playing with only 3 PCs in the group. I was mostly entertaining the thought that Gnomeboy could perhaps play a thief; and perhaps he could roll up his own, instead of using someone else's, since it's simply fun to roll up a PC.

All this said, if RC doesn't want to include a new PC, or if gnomeboy is fine playing a single PC, I'm perfectly comfortable in continuing with 3 PCs only. And I'm fine with gnomeboy playing Fred also, if he prefers that. The way I see it, this is a game, and having fun is the ultimate purpose; the rest is pretty much unimportant to me :)

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

So: let's take a decision one way or another about the thief :) Gnomeboy, you want to play one? RC, you have reservations about how to introduce him into the game?

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I am not introducing new characters at this point.
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Gnomeboy: you pick up Fred? Or we leave him to die rotting on the floor somewhere?

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Oh, I added Fred's stats to my sig, and re-named him Han.

I'll refresh myself as to what's going on, and post up actual activity or something tomorrow...

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

So, General Yoros was going down the next staircase, cautious of any gossamer threads from above, below, the sides, in front, behind, inside, outside, etc.

Han the Thief is three steps behind him, similarly cautious.

Yoros has the Dwarf over his shoulder; Han is armed (I'm thinking he must have a dagger, yeah?).

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Going downward, you reach a level that seems to be roughly divided in purpose.

To the north, irregular cots line the walls. Hairy, emaciated dwarves are chained naked to the cots, and they moan as though in constant, but barely conscious, pain. Their unwashed skin shows horrible blackened or gangrenous lesions, swarming with flies and maggots.

To the south are set a number of crate-like cages containing long-dead game birds – their bodies are also thick with flies.

The stair continues downward.
SoBH pbp:

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

"Uh, Brother Sufferus -- we might need your talents down here..."

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”