Prince Charming, Reanimator

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Prince Charming, Reanimator

Post by drpete »

Bryce will take the jewelry from the corpse on the high seat.

Renlo will gather up the useful supplies into the bag.

Foxfire will wave to the others as they come in. "We seem to have found the throne room. We awakened some spirits who warned us that all of those who fell asleep will awaken when the curse is broken."

Cedric will continue up the stairs to the door.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Inside the great hall,Balin, Tarpy, Rafo will stand guard near the door they entered. They wait for the other villagers to finish gathering loot off the dead before moving forward.
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horris, Bran & Throm will look for the entrance the others used and go inside the castle that way if they can.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Cedric moves up the wooden stairway to the balcony, and is now 12 feet over the height of the Great Hall's floor. This balcony has an obvious doorway visible from below, but there is no door in it.

Cedric can see a room beyond, 50 feet wide, extending to the west, and 40 feet deep. The room is lit by high and narrow arched windows in the far wall, showing the forest beyond. There is a door in the right wall, and an archway passing outward to the left. Beneath the windows is a mound of cut roses, red and white, mounded three feet high! The scent from the roses is fresh and strong.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

ooc: how obvious is the great hall entrance? If it is that obvious that is where my three guys are going.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

It is obvious; they are there.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bran, Throm & Horris open the doors to the great hall entrance and enter the castle.
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Cedric looks out at the conncting room for a moment, then calls down "Things look pretty clear up here, but there are a lot of those roses... Bryce, you should go in, with that shield, but let's have Foxfire take a look with that mirror... What do things look like?"

Foxfire will start by trying to look at the great hall through the mirror, then go up the stairs and check out the room with the flowers with the mirror.

Bryce will also go up the stairs, ready to protect anyone with the shield.

Renlo will continue to look around the great hall, behind any tapestries, etc, hoping to find another exit.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

As Foxfire looks at the hall through the mirror - and it does not seem different - a face forms on the shimmering glass.

"Greetings, my new master!" says the face. It is a barely discernible ripple on the glass, almost like a watermark on new paper. "I am Palmonides, the Spirit of the Glass. You may ask me three questions, all of which I will answer true, but if asked a fourth by the same owner, the mirror will shatter and I shall be freed! Ask, therefore, that I may answer, and one day be released from this prison of glass!"

Does Foxfire continue upstairs to look, or engage the mirror?
SoBH pbp:

GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

OOC: what about the rest of us??? :?
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Ooc: greywolf, he already said your guys were in the hall, and Foxfire waved to you and told you about the ghosts/girls. What do they do next?
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bran & Horris wave back @ Foxfire.

Throm Yeah hello again Foxfire was it? Well what do we have here? Seen anything special yet or just getting here yer self?" he says while looking around and seeing who else is here and just at the location in general. "Whats with the mirror? See anything weird in there? Been dealing with some odd things round this place."
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Foxfire will engage the mirror "Hello, Palmonides! What is the safest way to reach the princess?"

Renlo, finished gathering the stuff and busy looking for secret doors, waves to the newcomers "Hi there! Did you guys find anything in the stables? Looks like Fox is busy, lets leave her be. Would any of you like a sword? We found a bunch on the bodies here."

Cedric waves down from a balcony. "There's a room up here, if you guys want to lead the way. We got some items from the ghosts, but we don't know how they work, yet." He will hold up the sword, and examine it. "Try telling me a lie..."
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Alright Hello Cedric I am Throm the king of the gnomes!"

Bran "Sword hmm I've never used a sword before. Where there any other items still laying around?"

Horris Hmm a sword yes that would be a better weapon than what I currently have."
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Renlo nods to Bran "We did find some salvageable gear, and the body in the high seat had a little jewelry. Want something?" Renlo will hold up the bag full of stuff salvaged from the room for Bran to look through, if he wants.
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bran "Absolutely might I and my 2 friends here look and see what you have? We did locate some minor things in the stables nothing overly well a hayfork we left, a hammer Throm took and I think that was about it other than a rat hole."

Throm "Yeah that rathole was just disturbing and ta think they wanted someone to crawl in there."

Horris "Well at least we are here with most of the others that set out on this quest. Yes anything we might use would help in this endeavor thanks Renlo."
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Raven_Crowking wrote: some usable equipment - a lantern and a flask of oil, two grappling hooks, a holy symbol of Justicia, a small hammer, a large sack that still seems okay, and an unburnt torch. You are also able to find four short swords and two long swords in usable condition.
Renlo holds out the bag full of the other stuff listed here for the others to rifle through. Bryce will take over the job of looking for secret doors, if this takes a long time.
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horris will take a long sword if one is available, otherwise he will grab a short sword. "Thank you Renlo."

Bran looks through the sack and shakes his head. "Thank you for the offer but I'm not familiar with swords so I think it safer to stick with my pitchfork. Thank you though Renlo."

Throm takes a short sword. "Bah it's no ax but it'll do the trick. I can carry the lantern or torch if we have a way to light em or need for em but for now lets leave those in the sack. Thanks Renlo you're a decent fella."

The three then help the others search the area.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

drpete wrote:Foxfire will engage the mirror "Hello, Palmonides! What is the safest way to reach the princess?"
"That is your first question," the face in the mirror replies. "The safest way to reach the princess is through the balcony yonder, and then through the doorway to the left. However, I will warn you that the safest way is not truly safe; there are dangers you must face."
GreyWolfVT wrote:Throm "Alright Hello Cedric I am Throm.........."
Try as he might, Throm cannot knowingly utter a lie.

Nothing else of note is found in the area.
SoBH pbp:

GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

OOC: Is there anywhere else to go inside the castle are there doors? Stairs? Halls? or just this one great hall?
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Stepping into the great hall and up the stairs, Balin, Tarpy, Rafo join the others.

ooc...They remain behind those using the mirror and on the steps.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

SoBH pbp:

drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Foxfire will continue to engage with the mirror, asking "What dangers will we face if we follow the safest route to the princess?"

Cedric will wait at the door to the flower room until Foxfire is done with the questions, but will not prevent anyone else from going through.
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm, Bran & Horris wait patiently until foxfire is done consulting the mirror.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

"That is another question. If you follow that route, you will encounter first a dragon and second what will appear to be a bottomless pit. One will test your might; the other will test your reason. Both will purport to be that which they are not."
SoBH pbp:

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”