What are STR and CON for Robot PCs?

Here we can discuss James M. Ward's METAMORPHOSIS ALPHA game.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Leg1on
Far-Sighted Wanderer

What are STR and CON for Robot PCs?

Post by Leg1on »

Hi All,
Is there a rules-as-written way to determine Robot PC Constitution and Strength?
The point-buy rules determine the Resistances and Dex; that part I get.
Thanks,
Legion
michaelcurtis
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: What are STR and CON for Robot PCs?

Post by michaelcurtis »

RAW: Robot PCs don't have Strength or Constitution scores (as demonstrated by the absence of those abilities on the Robot PC character sheet). Con is unnecessary as Robots have set HP and are unaffected by poison. How "strong" a robot is is determined by it physical manipulators (lifter beam or grasping claw) and the total weight those manipulators can lift in the equipment description.

House rule: Whatever you want. I'd give a 'bot a base Strength of 10, but still wouldn't worry about CON.
Scrivener of strange tales, part-time madman, and odd word aficionado.
Leg1on
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: What are STR and CON for Robot PCs?

Post by Leg1on »

Thanks.

Under Physical Weapons it gives base STR 12, +2 for (per?) 10 power points invested. A friend just pointed that out.

And yeah for CON I've decided on 12+1d6, maybe 14+1d4. I like the randomness to allow for Friday jobs, use of make-do materials, etc.
I need the CON stat more for conversion of 'bots to Mutants and Death Ray Guns than for MetAl games but I'll find a use for it in the latter as well.

[Edit: I'll consider 'bot CON as workmanship of construction. I'm sure I can find a use for that!]

[2nd Edit: I'm going with 13+1d5 for CON. It does everything I need. I'll think about whether or not I want to work that into the as-is fatigue and malfunction rules. Doable and maybe even desirable.]

Thanks again Michael for your assist.

L

Return to “Metamorphosis Alpha”