Raiders of The Lost Oasis question.

Discuss our growing line of all-new adventure modules for 5E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

alex6243
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Next level games

Raiders of The Lost Oasis question.

Post by alex6243 »

I purchased Raiders of the lost oasis and am going to run it for my friends in a few weeks. I was just reading through it and have a question.

In area 1-6 with the oiled slide trap, the entrance to the next area is at the bottom of the slide. What happens if the characters disarm the trap and dont cause the slide to appear? How are they meant to get the the next area? Thankyou.
arlanni
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Raiders of The Lost Oasis question.

Post by arlanni »

Hi Alex

Thanks for your question! I'm the author of RotLO.

If the PCs disarm the trap, it stands to reason that they will jam the pivoting floor in place. Then they can use controlled actions to either collapse the wall safely, or tilt the floor enough to access the oiled slide under the now jammed wall. describe the workings of the trap and have the PCs explain how they go about disarming it. Then they would need to use ropes or magic to descend the slide trap to the bottom and find the secret door to area 1-7.

My playtest group triggered the trap, but with only two PCs in the room, one dangling onto the door. The other took a slide :twisted: . Then the druid wild shaped into a giant spider, and climbed down the slide walls with a rope so the rest of the PCs could easily follow.

I hope you enjoy the adventure! Feel free to post any game sessions.

Chris
alex6243
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Next level games

Re: Raiders of The Lost Oasis question.

Post by alex6243 »

Thanks for your response. I'll let you know how the game goes.

Return to “Fifth Edition Fantasy - Adventure Modules”