Masks of Lankhmar... Missing Luck Rules?

Fritz Leiber's Lankhmar setting, home to the legendary Fafhrd and Gray Mouser, is the first officially licensed setting for the DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

davidw
Ill-Fated Peasant

Masks of Lankhmar... Missing Luck Rules?

Post by davidw »

Masks of Lankhmar cautions the GM to make sure that players are aware of how Luck functions in a Lankhmar game, particularly as it applies to healing. I see no actual rules for Luck, however.
michaelcurtis
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Masks of Lankhmar... Missing Luck Rules?

Post by michaelcurtis »

It'll all make sense once the boxed set is out and the optional variant DCC Lankhmar rules are available. In the meanwhile, you can run the adventure with the straight DCC RPG rules. This "forward compatibility" is intended.
Scrivener of strange tales, part-time madman, and odd word aficionado.
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

obligatory 'can't wait' from me! masks is great little thing.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

michaelcurtis wrote:It'll all make sense once the boxed set is out and the optional variant DCC Lankhmar rules are available.
Is it possible to get a small teaser--like, seriously, just a one-liner--as to how they function?

I'm guessing expend Luck to get d(#) HP back after battle?

I'm also guessing Luck refreshes/renews faster, possibly boosted a small amount by acts of derring-do (an extra point or two for a well-strategized venture)?

EDIT: Ah, we could also just yoink the Halfling Luck rules and apply them to all characters, and convert 1 Luck = 1d4 / 1d8 healing (outside combat only).
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

Do You Feel Lucky? Speaking of luck, there’s more to be had out there! Get luck, spend luck, recover luck and more! Great deeds are not done by just hoping they happen… you must go forth and find your adventure… maybe even go down and carouse the bars a bit and see what happens.
https://skylandgames.wordpress.com/2015 ... -lankhmar/

i think that luck will flow more freely in dccL.

said that i hope for a preview soon (santa, pleas)

Return to “DCC Lankhmar”