Extended Additional Beginning Equipment

Mutant Crawl Classics is the warped, mutant sci-fi twin to DCC. All Plantients, Manimals, Mutants and PSH are welcome here...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Melfast
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Empire Games

Post by Melfast »

Well Met Fellow Travelers Upon the Wastes

New characters get to fill out their starting equipment by rolling twice on Table 1-4 Additional Beginning Equipment, on p 18 of the MCC Core Book.

That table has a pretty good selection of equipment, but this also doubles as the non-artifact equipment list for the game. With 25 items on the list, characters and Judges are likely going to want more items at some point.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ak88KIALsgrVifsA_H4 ... A?e=MSfRTd

The PDF at the link extends the equipment list to 71 items. There is more variety in general, with more items that act as armor, more special items, and the notes after the table include some clarifications to how different things you wear stack and effect your fumble die.

Acknowledgement: This table is adapted from "Alternate Trade Goods & Equipment for MCC", which was one of five excellent MCC articles the author did for the 2018 Gongfarmers Almanac. This article can be found here with the other four: https://diyanddragons.blogspot.com/2018 ... pment.html

There is a lot of good MCC stuff posted at DIY & Dragons, and I strongly recommend heading over there to take a look at it. (The more we support people putting out MCC ideas and articles, the stronger and more vibrant our community will be.)

Happy Gaming...

-- Melfast
maceo_the_escher
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Mind Games

Re: Extended Additional Beginning Equipment

Post by maceo_the_escher »

This is great! I was just having a discussion about this very subject on the MCC Facebook group this morning and then I found your post. I was saying how I didn't think a cloak should stack with armor. I'm not a fan of a cloak+armor+helmet+shield combo. To be honest, I'm not sure I like having a helmet give an AC bonus.
Melfast
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Empire Games

Re: Extended Additional Beginning Equipment

Post by Melfast »

Hey maceo_the_escher

Generally, I'm with you about not giving AC for helmets. In the context of MCC, it seems to work, though. Outside of artifacts, there are few ways to gain much AC from armor. Allowing a bit of piecemeal armor makes up for the lack of chainmail or plate armor.

Feel free to share the extended beginning equipment and extended starting occupations list on Facebook if you haven't already.

Thanks for the feedback on the table!

Happy gaming...

-- Melfast

Return to “Mutant Crawl Classics RPG”