Pushback - Aug 1st Availability online

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, ClaytonW, finarvyn, shylohwideman, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Pushback - Aug 1st Availability online

Post by Jim Skach »

Greetings,

As is my curmudgeonly way, I will make my first contribution a pushback.

I suggest that the GFA not be available online until at the very least after GenCon has ended.

Historically, the GFA was intended to be something handed out at GenCon, then distributed *physically* be volunteers who would print a dozen or so copies and take requests to send them (and IIRC the only cost was to cover be printing and/or mailing).

I understand that the GFA is a victim of its own success and that this dream long ago dissipated like fog at a warm summer suns rising. But I propose that in honor of that dream, distribution/availability of any volume's pdf online be held until after GenCon.

If you do not agree, then you are clearly a heathen without taste and deserving no respect.

Thank you for your consideration.
ClaytonW
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Submit

Re: Pushback - Aug 1st Availability online

Post by ClaytonW »

Thank you for the history lesson.

We have no issue pushing back the online distribution until after GenCon to keep it in the spirit of the original caretakers.

We will update the information and posts shortly to reflect this.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Pushback - Aug 1st Availability online

Post by GnomeBoy »

Anything that moves the nature or feel of the GFA back to it's Year One character is okay in my book.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “Coordinator's Corner”