Barrier Peaks!!!

Discuss our deluxe versions of classic adventure modules and more, presented in their original edition/format, with updates for 5e or DCC RPG!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

DungeonmasterJax
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Actually, its FLGS (Jacksonville, Florida)

Barrier Peaks!!!

Post by DungeonmasterJax »

Hi! Question for Michael Curtis.
I just got my copy of Barrier Peaks today, straight out of the shipping box! It looks great! Now to delve into the changes!
After a quick perusal, I spotted the new artwork (handouts) and this peaked my interest. From there I went to your website for more details (hopefully)
After looking at the GG site for the module/book/tome, I noticed the mention that it would not be available in PDF. Sadness. That would be much easier to use in games.
This also brings me to my problem.
Will you please put out the new handout pictures as a PDF download so that I can print them out, color them, and add them to the existing file I have of handouts for this module? (I have three copies of the original module, and use the handouts and assorted pictures therein to make colored handouts.)
I will no doubt have more comments after I have had a day to read through the module itself.
Thanks for making this product!!!!
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Barrier Peaks!!!

Post by GnomeBoy »

That's more a question for the Goodman Games.

I know the agreement with Wizards does not include PDF release, so maybe the best option would be to email and ask Wizards if they'd allow it -- fan voices might get their ear where others have not...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
michaelcurtis
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by michaelcurtis »

I'm happy you're pleased so far! Gnomeboy is indeed correct: any decision to make a pdf version of any part of the book isn't something I'm involved in. I did kick the idea up the chain of command, but there's probably legal agreements and contracts that impact this matter. If it's possible, I'm sure its something Goodman will consider, but it might not be allowable. Worse comes to worse, a bunch of quarters and the library or office photocopier is a possible work-around.
Scrivener of strange tales, part-time madman, and odd word aficionado.
DungeonmasterJax
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Actually, its FLGS (Jacksonville, Florida)

Post by DungeonmasterJax »

Thank you both.
I will look into the Wizards angle.
As to photocopiers, they tend to not like hardbound books, but I will give it a try. Best bet might be digital photography.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

DungeonmasterJax wrote:Thank you both.
I will look into the Wizards angle.
As to photocopiers, they tend to not like hardbound books, but I will give it a try. Best bet might be digital photography.
Well, you buy a spare copy and get an x-acto knife....

Seriously, though, these books are large enough that you are correct that they will not photocopy well. And trying to press them against the machine to get a better copy is likely to damage the binding. Copying materials is part of what I do for a living, and when books are involved the end result can be, shall we say, problematic.

I believe Michael Curtis' guess is correct, and that the licensing arrangement between WotC and Goodman Games prevents Goodman Games from selling this series in pdf.

Best of luck!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

The digital photography route has potential... Are there still Sears Portrait Studios...??
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
gamerbob
Gongfarmer

Post by gamerbob »

So far, the content has been great. My only complaint is the pages. With the prior books in this series, I had some disagreements with some of the adaptations Goodman made and was able to make marginal notes. With the glossy pages in this one, that is no longer an option. PLEASE go back to the pulpy pages. They are far more utilitarian and supportive of use at the table.
scubba
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Games of Berkeley

Post by scubba »

I love the content, but I wish they would do one thing: include a copy of the maps (which they created, it isn't the original TSR content) with the key and map symbols removed. As published this requires a VTT user to completely redraw the 6 (!) very detailed maps...

Return to “Original Adventures Reincarnated”