DCCRPG Campaign in Known Realms setting

FORUM LOCKED AS OF 4/3/12. Forum for posting of actual play of DCC RPG. Not necessarily rules questions/discussion, but the saga of your adventures and campaigns, details of adventures that played particularly well (or not), and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

DCCRPG Campaign in Known Realms setting

Post by raskal »

In october i will start a campaign set in the Known Realms. The first module will be THE PORTAL UNDER THE STARS in the Adventure Starter with 16 0-level characters. The campaign will start in the Crieste Empire. The others module will be focus on dark mysteries with political intrigues.

I will publish material (setting data, adventure log, etc.) on my blog :
http://theraskalrpg.blogspot.com/search/label/DCCRPG
reverenddak

Re: DCCRPG Campaign in Known Realms setting

Post by reverenddak »

raskal wrote:In october i will start a campaign set in the Known Realms. The first module will be THE PORTAL UNDER THE STARS in the Adventure Starter with 16 0-level characters. The campaign will start in the Crieste Empire. The others module will be focus on dark mysteries with political intrigues.

I will publish material (setting data, adventure log, etc.) on my blog :
http://theraskalrpg.blogspot.com/search/label/DCCRPG
I'll be watching this closely! We just finished Portal Under The Stars and they really want to get that Dryad...
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

I am preparing my campaing (start at mid-october). After some post on my blog to introduce the setting, it's time to find some weird dice (under the protection of Cthulhu)

JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Raskal,

I'm jealous of your dice sets!

Reverenddak,

Me and my assistant manager are going thorough THE PORTAL UNDER THE STARS right now, being DMed by a co-worker. We've found what you speak of but are more interested in finding out how to destroy the half of that rod.

Harley,

We NEED a follow up to this rocking module! By the way, both my co-worker and I started with either 8 or 10 0-level characters. We both lost one character in the first room and two more characters in the room with the statue. I lost one character in the room with the skulls. This has been a wonderful time! I look forward to our once-a-week (sometimes less) lunch hour!!
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

raskal wrote:The first module will be THE PORTAL UNDER THE STARS in the Adventure Starter with 16 0-level characters.
JediOre wrote:Harley, We NEED a follow up to this rocking module!
+1d30 to this! Portal is simply an amazing adventure and my game group has had a blast with it, and they keep asking where the plotline goes from there. I hint that I'm not ready to reveal it yet, but I'm secretly hoping that we get a sequel module instead of me having to "fake it." 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

Which kind of adventures you will play after the "Portal..." ?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Heh. Portal is a great adventure, but it is Joseph's work, so he is best prepped for a follow-up. Maybe if enough folks demand it, we can get him to do a con special ...

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

Harley Stroh wrote:Heh. Portal is a great adventure, but it is Joseph's work, so he is best prepped for a follow-up. Maybe if enough folks demand it, we can get him to do a con special ...

//H
I will be happy to meet a dryad :twisted:
Any idea about who is the goat-man ?
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

raskal wrote:Any idea about who is the goat-man ?
A bad, bad dude!

Run awaaaay!!!!
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

Local Setting :

The Blackbriar wood is located in the northwestern part of the empire of Crieste, south of the kingdom of Kalia (a kingdom of sailors known for its masked balls and festivals spectacular). The place offers some of the best views of Lands North with its sun-drenched valleys and sparkling waterfalls. A small community of elves living in the heart of the wood. These elves are of a joyful and peaceful, but they are known as formidable warriors who serve in the armies of the empire, especially in the colonies beyond the seas. It is also said that the elves have forged close ties with the Magi Kassantia which is the winter palace of the imperial court. Many good creatures like unicorns and Pegasus are at ease in Blackbriar . Wood is also known for its production of ruby ​​wine, a drink popular among the barons. Therefore it is not unusual to see trucks full of strange jars sealed with wax. There are just a place where elves forbid anyone from entering the Val-Elder. Some argue that at the heart of the valley is a cesspool that radiates intense cold.

It is in the southeastern part of Blackbriar lives the mage Adrakal. When told there are several tens of years, he wanted to restore a watch tower that stood at the border of the forest, local authorities believe it was a waste of time and money but in the end it could bring additional revenue to the region. This watch tower was the home of an eccentric old wizard named Nymoren who chooses to build its tower on the ruins of an ancient civilization. The old mage had to spend a fortune in construction and he was subsequently enormous difficulties to maintain, so that at his death, the tower is in poor condition. It was abandoned. For his project, he has attracted Adrakal many trades and a few years the tower was restored. Many people decided to stay, the place became an attraction and also a center of commerce and crafts. The temporary camp was transformed gradually into a real village. A small piece of the forest was deciphered intervene without the elves, to grow enough to feed everyone.

The mage Adrakal is a tall man, athletic and an uncertain age. It does not look like very little to the popular image of the magician in a dress with a white beard. He wears his hair short and wears a beard usually 3 days. It is a first severe for those who do not know him but he can be friendly when necessary. In addition to direct his servants, those working for him and the village (known as the Hamlet of the tower), it maintains some guards led by a former adventurer named Isolda. In addition to the apprentice magicians who regularly come to the tower to advance in magic, Adrakal is surrounded by two assistants: the mage Scelzik Neral, a big man and talkative and Korsus mage, a discreet man still wearing a glove on his right hand. When the mage is absent, the authority is entrusted to the steward Erol Trumm, an old man still very active.

The characters are the servants of Adrakal, either because their parents were involved in the restoration of the tower and have stayed with the mage after the book is finished because the place attracted by the personality of the magician or potential of the place, they are returned directly or indirectly serving the mage
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

PLAYERS DO NOT SEE !!!! SPOILERS SPOILERS

My vision of the tomb for the Portal... module :

raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

Characters of the campaign are now level 1.
I have masterize Thieves In the Forest (Atlas Games) an easy module, good for starting (only one dead character). Now i have started The Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho, in the purpose of masterize the Sage of Dragon Cult.

Players have fight against slavers from Lostlands allied with a band of thieves. A barbarian with a three-fingered hand
tatoo was also an ally of the thieves...strange.

Hadler's Gap was transformed in Tower's Hamlet, a small communauty managed by a wizard named Adrakal (the mission purvoyer for the characters)

More info in the campaign :
http://theraskalrpg.blogspot.com/search ... e%20DCCRPG
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Can I ask where you get those room tiles?
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

The tiles on the photos come mainly from Dungeon Tiles - Dire Tomb (WOTC)
The standing stones come from a Paizo set

Return to “Actual Play Reports”