DCC RPG Thief Character Sheet

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Pewfell
Far-Sighted Wanderer

DCC RPG Thief Character Sheet

Post by Pewfell »

After trying various different styles of DCC Character sheet that I found online, I decided it was time to have a go at making my own. My problem was that as a level 5 thief (our campaign has been running weekly for over a year now), I found that my luck needed more space as it kept changing all the time depending on how I used it -- more room for erasing! Also I found that my thief abilities tended to change a lot depending on what bonus came into play at the time. So I've tried to make a sheet that would help keep track of these, while also keeping things simple and in the spirit of DCC.

I loved the hand-drawn feel of this one: http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 60&t=44186 So decided to use that as my starting point -- Thanks Chrsitian & Kirin!

Here is what I came up with:

And here is how it looks filled out:

Here is a High Res one for downloading and Printing:
http://www.whelon.com/DCCRPG/CJW_DCC_Th ... ighRes.jpg

For the thief abilities, I tried to devise a system that would let me quickly see which bonus were applied in which situations. So I use the small circles for the base (rulebook) ability, then a series of annotations to show which modifiers apply to which abilities. It's still a little arcane, but I think it's working better than what I was doing before, which was all over the place. Aside from the Agility, Intelligence and Personality bonuses, there is one for tools, check penalties, and things like gloves & boots. And room to add more. e.g. my thief was "Born under the loom" and gets +1 to all thief checks. She has two sets of thieves tools, which confer different bonuses and boots of sneaking silently. She also has some Elven Chainmail of the Shadow, which messes things up a bit, because it adds to some thief abilities (sneak & hide), but detracts from others (e.g. climb) because of the check penalty. This almost breaks my system, but I think it just about handles it. Anyway, the idea is that I can quickly see what my basic roll is, and why.

I carried the system of having the Base stat in a smaller circle throughout the sheet, as it seems to happen a lot (at least the way my group plays) that stats are continually getting altered, and we need to keep track of that base number.

For AC and to Hit, I've similarly used the areas to the side to keep track of what's affecting that base number to give the current number. For weapons, I wanted to have more room to list my thief's different options, such as garotte, blackjack and blowgun - again with annotations to explain how they are powered.

Equipment & treasure all goes on another sheet/on the back. I've just kept a small area for "Special Items & Notes" where the most important stuff that affect rolls is listed.

Finally I wanted to get those Crit and Fumble dice in a nice central place ;)

Anyway, hope this may be useful to some of my fellow thieves out there.

Chuck
Pewfell: Fantasy webcomic
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: DCC RPG Thief Character Sheet

Post by GnomeBoy »

Very nice.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

I think that is fantastic, thanks for sharing! I hope you will consider a generic sheet or one for each class :mrgreen:
Pewfell
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Pewfell »

Thanks. I'd like to do some more. This one was very much born of my own experience of playing a thief and getting to know what info I needed the most often. E.g. I don't suppose other classes (apart from halfling) would need such a big area for luck. A generic one would be easy enough, though.
Rostranor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Rostranor »

Awesome man!
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

Very cool. I especially like the spades, hearts, diamonds, clubs little detail that gives it a lucky, thiefy twist.

Wait... there's no diamond?
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
Pewfell
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Pewfell »

Thanks!

In this world it's "shields", not diamonds... and clubs are called "clovers"! :P

Skyscraper wrote:Very cool. I especially like the spades, hearts, diamonds, clubs little detail that gives it a lucky, thiefy twist.

Wait... there's no diamond?
Pewfell
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Pewfell »

I'm running a Kickstarter for my webcomic "Pewfell" and am offering some of the original cartoons I did for the DCCRPG rulebook as pledge rewards. There are 4 left and just 30 hours to go:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wh ... n-of-chaos

Jobe Bittman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jobe Bittman »

I really liek this.
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Tabletop Games and 31st Century Games

Post by JonHook »

Are you going to design character sheets for the other classes, Pewfell?

I really like this Thief sheet.

Return to “DCC RPG General”